Audiopipe Amp goes into Recovery mode

Im assuming you have the amp wired at .5 ohm and being you sound like a car audio noob you probably have like 8 gauge wire running to the amp trying to pull 180amps of current through it. Turn the bass boost off, set your gains right, and get some **** power to the amp. Its kicking into low voltage protect. The 1800 is a solid amp and will pull quite a bit of current, on heavy notes without an extra battery you could drop well into the 10s. I think 10.5 is when they shut down.

yes that sounds like the problem, they were in a smaller low profile sealed box 1.0 cubes per sub now in a bigger ported 2.6 cubes per sub, i have 4 gauge from the battery to splitter then 8 gauge to amp i am going to get a new battery soon because thsat sounds like the problem. it hits alot harder in the new box and lets me go to like 5/6 volume then it shuts off maybe new battery will solve this?

Running 1/2 ohm on a 1 ohm stable amp, #8 power and ground, gains set by guessing, bass boost cranked up, I'm going to guess factory charging system without big 3.... It's a real testament to AudioPipe's protection circuitry that you haven't smoked that amp yet. Please find someone who knows what they are doing to go over all this with you before you blow something up or burn your car down.

Running 1/2 ohm on a 1 ohm stable amp, #8 power and ground, gains set by guessing, bass boost cranked up, I'm going to guess factory charging system without big 3.... It's a real testament to AudioPipe's protection circuitry that you haven't smoked that amp yet. Please find someone who knows what they are doing to go over all this with you before you blow something up or burn your car down.
ok thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.