AQ 1200 @ .5ohm? or AQ 2200?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ItsAJeepThing
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So to give you guys some background on my electrical...I have the big 3 done with an extra run of 1/0 from alt to battery. 1/0 from front battery to a deka 9a31 in the rear. Then 1/0 from the deka to my current amp. Stock Alt. Stock battery up front. I am running 2 15 FI Q's and want to eventually get 2 AQ 1200s and strap them at 2ohms. I am wondering if I buy one aq 1200 now would it be ok to daily at .5 until i get another one? Or would I be better of waiting to get both? Also another option was to just do a single aq 2200 at .5ohm with the gains set at 2200. A single 2200 would probably be a little cheaper thats why I would go that route. Would that be ok on my electrical?

Thanks for the input.

lol, uhm... I'd get the aq2200 now, because two 1200's is only 200w more, and unless you're trying to squeeze a tenth of a decibel out of your system, 200w more will be inaudible. But if I were you, i would just buy a Soundstream Rubicon1.2500d, it's 360 shipped, brand new.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.