Audiophile guys: Help tuning A7/up35.

Participant count
  • Participant list

twinkieC405
10+ year member

((d(-_-)b))
Trying to tune my A7 amp in conjunction with the 3-way up35's. Im looking for suggestions and advice, all are welcome.

I just installed it the other day and now finally have time to do some tuning and adjustments. Now i know everything is based on personal preference but i know there are certain settings that will give better clarity than others. So here goes.

Note: i am bi-amping the 3 ways, tweets and mids on the front channel through the xover and the midbass woofers on the rear channel.

------------------------------------------

Front Speakers:

Frequency Multiplyier set @ x1 on underside of amp.

HP filter ON set @ about 400Hz

DLS Crossover set at:

Tweeters set to play MID

Mids set to play LOW

Woofers set @ OUT

Rear Speakers:

Frequency Multiplyier set @ x1 on amp.

HP filter ON set @ about 80Hz

LP filter ON set @ about 400Hz

Sub channel:

LP filter ON set @ about 70-80Hz

------------------------------------------

Now if im understanding this correctly it means that....

the front channel plays everything over 400Hz

the rear channel plays everything inbetween 80-400Hz

the sub channel plays below 80Hz.

How does that look to everyone?

I guess its a good start the part that puzzles me is the adjustability on the underside of the amp, the Freq. Multiplyiers. I know what they do but since both are set on x1 it seems as though im not completely utilizing the amps capabilities.

to be honest...unless you have dedicated channels of amplification as well as a processor of sorts...you are limited on what you can do when going passive....

your mid/tweet combo looks about right for the drivers you are using 400hz-20k

midbass should go from 400 down to as low as you can play them with out distortion...

and sub should pick up from there...

to be honest...unless you have dedicated channels of amplification as well as a processor of sorts...you are limited on what you can do when going passive....
im not really sure if i understand this. dedicated channels? the tweets/mids have their own and so does the midbass woofer, then the sub also has its own.

i guess i just want to take what i have, and set it up for the best perfomance. i've looked into EQ's but not processors yet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.