AudioControl ACM4.300 Issue this morning

Participant count
  • Participant list

AnthonyO
10+ year member

Budget Banger Connoisseur
Got up this morning and started up the truck and no sound from my 4 channel. Pulled over and checked every thing. Pushed the 30 amp onboard fuse and she came back on. I am gonna check it when I get off work to see if its popped. If it is, what could be the cause? My inline fuse at the fuse holder is fine. I am gonna check all connections this afternoon as well. I know everything is secure, but my OCD is killing me while I am at work. I wanna go out so bad right now and check everything.

So just went out and tested everything. Onboard fuse is fine. All speakers ohm out at 4 ohms. Remote is at 12 volts. Power is at 12.2 vehicle off and 14.4 with vehicle running. I have no clue what the hell happened this morning.

I would change that 30 amp fuse just in case. I had one that I couldnt even tell it had cracked rather than blew and it would sometimes make a connection and sometimes it would not. Especially when I hit a rough patch in the road. Id also check the remote connection on the amplifier. Ive had some come to me that other shops ect have installed and did not remove enough casing to expose the copper wire on the remote wire and the jacket was screwed down and just a couple strands would make contact and sometimes it would not/off and on. Thats when I would place a ferrule fitting on that wire and or speaker wiring, Makes a solid secure connection at the amplifier'

Amazon product ASIN B07R6T4H7W

Its possible that the Fuse on the amplifier, if it has one was not installed properly from the factory/Poor Quality Control???from Mass production line

Its possible that the Fuse on the amplifier, if it has one was not installed properly from the factory/Poor Quality Control???from Mass production line
That’s what I am hoping. I know it’s not the remote, as I have the remote run to the 4 channel and then from the 4 channel to the mono. The mono turned on and the 4 channel did not. Plus the amp did not turn on until I touched the onboard 30 amp fuse. I took it completely out today, checked it, put it back in, and made sure it was seated. We shall see. Hopefully I didn’t get a bad amp. It’s under warranty either way.

That’s what I am hoping. I know it’s not the remote, as I have the remote run to the 4 channel and then from the 4 channel to the mono. The mono turned on and the 4 channel did not. Plus the amp did not turn on until I touched the onboard 30 amp fuse. I took it completely out today, checked it, put it back in, and made sure it was seated. We shall see. Hopefully I didn’t get a bad amp. It’s under warranty either way.
Good thing its under warranty and that you have contacted A.Control about the issue so it has been documented. It will help speed up the return and process much quicker if needed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...