Audiobahn vs. Power Acoustik

Status
Not open for further replies.

94ranger
10+ year member

Alright. I've been looking at subs for my truck, and I was thinking what to get... Audiobahn or Power Acoustik. I want 2 10" subs. Power Acoustik are awesome, but so are Audiobahns! I'm getting a heah ache here! Either one I get, I want to get the whole hookup! The Audiobahn or Power Acoustik: subs, amp, mids, tweeters, and dvd player... with an Alpine head unit "very good from what I hear". I'm not to worried about looks, I just want performance!! I want my windows to shadder so I'm forced into installing Plexi Glass windows! The Power Acoustik MOFO 10's are sick! They are 2400 watts EACH I believe. The Audiobahn Flame Q's are also awesome!

I think I'm going to need 2 or maybe 3 amps to power 2 10" Power Acoustik MOFO's. For FULL performance! Also, are Legacy amps any good?? Just wondering.

Also, anyone know of some very cheap audio sites?

Alright, so lets see some reply's for me, I'm in a jam with the audio ****. Hit me up on AIM/AOL... my screen name is YZ250F

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif :banghead: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif :banghead: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

Hey man, I never have been a fan of power acoustik or audiobahn, but to each his own...the only reason I am posting is to tell you that legacy amps ****, dont waste your money. And be careful with the ratings of those mofo's, the RMS is much lower than the 2400 watt peak, in fact its 1/3rd of the peak if I remember correcly. Some audiobahns are the same way.

lol. you sound like me a year ago...seriously i was going through the same dicission. i think the audiobahn's would top the mofo's, however if you want crazy ass bass, i suggest you look into dd(http://www.ddaudio.com check out the 9500 series) or shocker(http://www.shockeraudio.com check out the xtreme II's or the shocker III's). imo they'll both out perform audiobahn as far as SPL goes

big-cat your an idiot. Your trying to compare a 120$ sub to a 600$ sub what in the hell do you expect. Anyways I didnt like the power acoustic sub, but many have good results with them. All around they are not a bad company get with Monte-Carlo he can tell you alot more being a power acoustik dealer. I own 3 Power Acoustic A3000db amps and love them they work AWSOME. hard to beat in that price range. My guess is look into more companies for subs. Example: Adire Audio- tempest subs go cheap and they pack a huge punch. Incriminator Audio- Lethal injection subs go fairly cheap and they wang pretty hard. It also depends on your price range bro that would help out alot. !DONT GET LEGACY ANYTHING! If you want links I can provide links for you also.

big-cat your an idiot. Your trying to compare a 120$ sub to a 600$ sub what in the hell do you expect.
Good call on bad mouthing big-cat. Especially since this thread is 3 years old, and he hasn't even logged on in over a year.

scratch_head.jpg

Is this kid serious? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Oh were do I start...1.) You're not going to be breaking any windows so go ahead and remove that idea from your head. There are people competing in national SPL competitions who don't have any of their windows replaced. You may be able to crack your windshield if you already have a nice sized chip in it from a rock or something but you're sure now blowing out anything otherwise. 2.) I haven't heard Power Acoustic subs for myself so I cannot pass judgement on them but I can say that the Audiobahn Flame-Qs are not a great choice. They're good for making noise but that's about it. Search around the forums for a while and take the time to learn some basics. There are just soo many companies out there to choose from for whatever system type you're looking for. 3.) Legacy amplifers are garbage, don't waste your money. 4.) It depends on what you consider "cheap". There are several websites I could name off but without an atleast ballpark price range, I won't even bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...