Audiobahn vs Hifonics

coolman91985
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Dallas
i have an eD12A in a ported box (1.5 cu. ft.) and am running it with a rockford fosgate 451s which is giving it ~500 watts bridged at 4ohm. i want to either get the audiobahn a12001dt or the hifonics bx1000d. i want to run these amps at 1ohm. which one will fit my setup the best and give me the best sound? this is a daily driver... if u have any better ideas for amps that will fit my system better and that i can run at 1ohm, please post!!!!!!

I can't even explain how tacky audiobahn's chrome, flames, and meters look to me. Not to mention I think they're WAY over-priced. Personally I'd take the Hifonics.

is hifonics better power wise or yall just dont like the way the audiobahns look?
For the most part there is no such thing as "better power" only adjectives that can describe power are "more" and "less." Most people here don't like the chromed up look of the audiobahns. And like the guy up there said, they are overpriced. That audiobahn has slightly more power, but is atleast $100 more (if you buy it online ore a lot more than that at stores)

i like the way the hifonics looks, especailly the blue LED so im gonna go with that. also, yall said that he has good power... thanks for all of the input.

From what I have heard from people who run the stuff. Hifonics amps will put out rated power. Audiobahn will not. My friend's Directed 600d died on him (600x1 @ 1 ohm) and he replaced it with an 800w RMS Audiobahn amp. The Audiobahn with the 200 extra rated watts will not hit as hard or low as the Directed.

i have the hifonics... however its just sittin in my room cuz im missing a sub... d*amn Ed an RE HAD to renew their subs right when i was about to get one LOL //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

anywayz, u wont regret getting the hifonics once it gets to ur doorstep. looks really nice in person

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.