LANZAR Opti SL800D

sullynole
10+ year member

sullynole
What does anyone know about this amp? I have heard people say it is good and say it is bad, but what specifically are the comments about it? I cannot find any specific opinions aboiut it anywhere. I want to run it at 2 ohms to power one sub. I am looking for an amp that isn't going to draw a lot of power for what it puts out. Does anyone know the fuse it takes?

If you don't like this amp, does anyone know another amp that puts out around 400 or more watts @ 2 ohms in the same price range (preferrably class d)?

Thanks.

specs i have:

800 Watts x 1 @ 1 ohm

Extremely Fast Switching Power Circuits

Super High Current Output Stages Using Multiple High Current Mosfets

Independent 24 dB Per Octave Hi & Low Pass Crossovers

Wired Bass Jack

Adjustable Gain Control

Variable Bass Control

4 Inputs Mixed to Mono For/FrontRear Fading

Variable Phase Shift

Variable Base Boost

Dimensions: 10.8"W x 2.97"H x 9.8"L

i don't quite understand why I would want "4 Inputs Mixed to Mono For/FrontRear Fading " for a sub. is this amp ok for a sub?

IMO - $130 shipped off ebay it's an absolute steal.

Some people have questioned the actual power especially being that it only has 2x20A fuses but if you know how fuses work you'll know they don't determine RMS power.

Even if it's only 700w it's still a good deal.

so you think this amp will be ok for a dvc sub @ 2ohms? it seems to me like it is not meant for subs now that i look at the specs more. since it does only have 2x20 amp for fuses, does that mean it does not draw too much power from my car's electrical system, that is what i would like.

would i be better off with the MTX THUNDER421D? I like it's look better and it seems to put out the same amount of power for $20 dollars more. What is a better investment? By the way, is the 421D capable of 1 ohm if i wanted that in the future? right now, i am just looking for capabillity @ 2 ohms.

how accurate are these specs? I have seen it only rated at like 300 RMS @ 2 ohms on different sites . . .

MTX THUNDER421D

210 watts x 1 at 4 ohms RMS 420 PEAK

420 watts x 1 at 2 ohms RMS 840 PEAK

Adaptive Class D Technology

85 Hz low-pass crossover, 18 dB/octave

Preamp outputs

PWM MOSFET switching power supply

Gain control

Thunder EQ bass boos

Speaker-level inputs with SmartEngage

MTX is definitely a solid amp, but it's not stable at 1 ohm - or at least not intended to be.

The lanzar will be fine at 2 ohms - it's actually designed for optimal power at 1 ohm. Not only is it MEANT for subs, but it's class D so sub amplification is all it's good for.

If you're running at 2 ohms I think they'd be about an even trade - most people would probably say the MTX is worth the extra $20, but being a Lanzar fan, I'd probably go with the SL. Plus, I doubt you'll ever meet another person running the same amp which I think is cool //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

thank you for your help. i'm still a little unsure if which i'd rather have. i like the lanzar for the reson you have stated, but i have one thing i can't quite understand, i have never heard of having four rca inputs to an amp for fading reasons, i have another amp hooked up and my head unit runs the rear rcas seperate from fading so that will not be an issue. do you know if i have to hook all 4 rcas with a y or what? do you know anymore about this on mono amps? if you could explain it so i am clear I would appreciate it. thanks again.

Still waiting for that pic Del
BTW - It should be noted the 200.2 has an unusually large primary transformer for a 100x2 amp.
dude hasn't got his amp back yet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

honestly, the 200.2 is one of the best amps i have ever owned

I'm the furthest thing from a high end amp connoisseur, but I could never imagine any other 100x2 being much better - even though I'm considering replacing it with a bridged 100.4. The thought of 250x2 to my front stage for the same price and size is just hard to ignore.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.