Audiobahn - How to convince someone that they really are awful

So why does everyone have to use the Uber god tier stuff? Even Pyles in a proper box will put out bass. Its all about what is satisfactory results for the individual and take consideration that many people think of a car as just a f***** car and do not want to spend much money for audio equipment, their not audiophiles, they just want some d*** booom booom burrrp. He might be satisfied with Audiobahn or may not but let him hear yours after his and let him decide if he's satisfied or not Give advice...but don't force it down peoples throat.

Now just to point out some perspective, i'm not really much of an audio geek either, i'm impartial to most things and try to stay that way, but the problem with any hobby enthusiast is that their so passionate about their hobby that they anger easily and trash anything not god tier. Go to a Computer forum and tell them you purchased Alienware or god forbid an Dell/HP computer and love it, is about the same as comming here saying how you love bandpass Dual's or something.

Same goes for Grilling forums...yes, ****** Barbeque crap. ask them a question about wood vs coals or something and watch them freaks go nuts if you don't have this uber cool super expensive stainless steel, american made, carbon graphite temp sensors and a butt messaging scapula's

I just say that cause its an observation i made over the many years and various forums and always found it kinda funny..... but point is. chillax. its a hobby, its suppose to be fun, do what makes you happy, only advise those who ask and just end the line there.

Now just to point out some perspective, i'm not really much of an audio geek either, i'm impartial to most things and try to stay that way, but the problem with any hobby enthusiast is that their so passionate about their hobby that they anger easily and trash anything not god tier. Go to a Computer forum and tell them you purchased Alienware or god forbid an Dell/HP computer and love it, is about the same as comming here saying how you love bandpass Dual's or something.

Same goes for Grilling forums...yes, ****** Barbeque crap. ask them a question about wood vs coals or something and watch them freaks go nuts if you don't have this uber cool super expensive stainless steel, american made, carbon graphite temp sensors and a butt messaging scapula's

I just say that cause its an observation i made over the many years and various forums and always found it kinda funny..... but point is. chillax. its a hobby, its suppose to be fun, do what makes you happy, only advise those who ask and just end the line there.
Awesome analogy.

I say let them do what they want. You gave your piece of mind. Some people simply need to learn from experience.

If they go out & do things their way & have problems, they'll be more likely to listen to you in the future.

So why does everyone have to use the Uber god tier stuff? Even Pyles in a proper box will put out bass. Its all about what is satisfactory results for the individual and take consideration that many people think of a car as just a f***** car and do not want to spend much money for audio equipment, their not audiophiles, they just want some d*** booom booom burrrp. He might be satisfied with Audiobahn or may not but let him hear yours after his and let him decide if he's satisfied or not Give advice...but don't force it down peoples throat.

dude everyone knows wood over coals anyday

If have to say i doubt the economy played the part in audiobahn goin under... more like a half billion warranty claims from there junk breaking all the time. When they started gaining a lot of momentum, my local shop i go to started carrying them and after 1 month they booted audiobahn. Didnt want that junk bringing there store down. Ive owned a bout 5 pieces of audiobahn over the years and they all broke or had some problem. Im sure some lasted and some people still like them, but the bottom line is if he did any REAL research i think hed find out what youve been telling him.

t6YIQ.png

I disagree, you're just using the wrong kind of coal.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
uh oh, you started the war over here now....oh god...what have i done..NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If have to say i doubt the economy played the part in audiobahn goin under... more like a half billion warranty claims from there junk breaking all the time. When they started gaining a lot of momentum, my local shop i go to started carrying them and after 1 month they booted audiobahn. Didnt want that junk bringing there store down. Ive owned a bout 5 pieces of audiobahn over the years and they all broke or had some problem. Im sure some lasted and some people still like them, but the bottom line is if he did any REAL research i think hed find out what youve been telling him.
theres a lot of brands i can't believe are still around. Like Pyramid. can't remember who owns them now but the brand has been around as long as i can remember, cheap junk then, cheap junk now. But as long as they last long enough to be worth the lousy $50 or whatever they charge for their junk and your poor or too cheap to care, can't go wrong really.

Audiobahn went under because they didn't pay their taxes and bad management. I've owned Audiobahn subs and amps and none of it broke.

Yeah but whether a business died has nothing to do with quality... Adire Audio, Proton(their Dynamics-On-Demand amps are legendary), Lambda Acoustics, TC Sounds(they changed hands) and Eclipse(they quit the USA market) are some companies that went out but their stuff is some of the best.

To be honest everyone including myself makes fun of Audiobahn but their stuff is not THAT bad, their earlier stuff was pretty decent before they decided to bling out all the amps and subs and made everything all cheesy. Their high-current class AB amps are actually pretty nice if you have the electrical to support it. Remember their rack-mount series of amps? They were pretty solid. The high excursion series of subs are nice too.

Love the Proton amps, good stuff!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.