audiobahn components?

FalconXtreme
10+ year member

Wheres my pants?????
hey i've just been looking around and are audiobahn components any good? im sure their midbass drivers probrably deliver alot of spl but how good are the tweets? just wondering bc they are cheap and i was maybe thinking of picking some up. thanks

Originally posted by Gauntlet There's the answer to your question...
They aren't cheap components compared to what's out there... For the money they're fine. If you haven't heard them I wouldn't suggest talking about them.

Originally posted by JaJay721 They aren't cheap components compared to what's out there... For the money they're fine. If you haven't heard them I wouldn't suggest talking about them.
Yes, I have heard them. I suggest you don't make comments when you really have no idea what you're talking about. I don't think they're that great. The midbass is pretty strong, although it lacks clarity, and the tweeters are too harsh for me. I think you can get better for the $$.....although I guess that depends on how much he'd be getting them for.

Originally posted by Gauntlet I suggest you don't make comments when you really have no idea what you're talking about.
Since you've found an attitude I'll show ya one too. For the price the Audiobahn's are fine. Dollar for Dollar they are decent and if he can get them for cheap I would suggest buying them over another brand he would have to pay full price for. He asked about the tweeters and the tweeter is quite sensitive which most people wouldn't think for an Audiobahn. It does not lack clarity for it's price range as well.

It seems all you do is spend 8 hours out of your day on these forums and post to every new thread that comes up and give your opinion whether it is necessary or not. That is not helping anyone out. This guy wants a decent SPL mid base driver and was concerned he wouldn't have the highs, which we both know he will with an Audiobahn component. Why should he not get them? Can you name one other component set in his price range that will deliver the highs and SPL he is looking for? There is little to none, especially since the 2002 Audiobahn line is on sale at authorized dealers. Think about the person asking the question and his/her personal needs before you give your half-assed opinions. I'm done with this thread now. Have fun flaming...

Originally posted by JaJay721 It seems all you do is spend 8 hours out of your day on these forums and post to every new thread that comes up and give your opinion whether it is necessary or not.
This makes no sense- do you actually read Gauntlet's posts?

Audiobahn components are mid level- at best...

I'd take a set of Infinity Reference comps over Audiobahn comps...and Reference are cheap- under $100....

Originally posted by JaJay721 Since you've found an attitude I'll show ya one too. For the price the Audiobahn's are fine. Dollar for Dollar they are decent and if he can get them for cheap I would suggest buying them over another brand he would have to pay full price for. He asked about the tweeters and the tweeter is quite sensitive which most people wouldn't think for an Audiobahn. It does not lack clarity for it's price range as well.

It seems all you do is spend 8 hours out of your day on these forums and post to every new thread that comes up and give your opinion whether it is necessary or not. That is not helping anyone out. This guy wants a decent SPL mid base driver and was concerned he wouldn't have the highs, which we both know he will with an Audiobahn component. Why should he not get them? Can you name one other component set in his price range that will deliver the highs and SPL he is looking for? There is little to none, especially since the 2002 Audiobahn line is on sale at authorized dealers. Think about the person asking the question and his/her personal needs before you give your half-assed opinions. I'm done with this thread now. Have fun flaming...
I'm not going to flame. You gave me an attitude first, I responded accordingly. You then proceed to personally attack me for no real reason whatsoever. I'm here for the same reason you are, to help people. There's no need for flaming.

As far as another component set that can deliver what he wants...I can't answer the question without knowing his price range.

Yes I read his posts.

And yes I would take the Infinities too. But he did not say he was looking for clarity. He is looking for SPL and good tweeters. All Gauntlet said was that they are cheap speakers. Didn't point him in any other direction other than they are crap and shouldn't buy them. Which is wrong to do to someone new to car audio which the poster must be since he is asking this question. The audiobahn component line can be had for around $150 at a dealer. The infinity reference components cannot be had for under $100 anywhere but online. Most people do not buy their stereo equipment online... The audiobahns and infinities may be close in price range, but they will not have the SPL.

Gauntlet,

I am assuming his price range was the price of an the Audiobahn components from an authorized dealership. And with the price cuts on the discontinued line they can be had for extremely cheap. My first post was not meant to be an attitude, I sincerely apologize if it came out wrong.

He didn't say he was looking for anything...maybe you should read the post again?

I would of had the same response Gauntlet did, so why make a big deal out of it?

Originally posted by JaJay721 Yes I read his posts.

And yes I would take the Infinities too. But he did not say he was looking for clarity. He is looking for SPL and good tweeters. All Gauntlet said was that they are cheap speakers. Didn't point him in any other direction other than they are crap and shouldn't buy them. Which is wrong to do to someone new to car audio which the poster must be since he is asking this question. The audiobahn component line can be had for around $150 at a dealer. The infinity reference components cannot be had for under $100 anywhere but online. Most people do not buy their stereo equipment online... The audiobahns and infinities may be close in price range, but they will not have the SPL.
All he did was ask about Audiobahn components, all I gave an opinion on was Audiobahn components. I can't help him pick out other brands when he doesn't give a price range.

Originally posted by JaJay721 And yes I would take the Infinities too. But he did not say he was looking for clarity.
I don't mean to get into an arguement, but why would anybody buy midrange+ speakers if all they aren't worried about clarity? i mean, that kinda defies(sp?) the point in getting them, y not just get a bunch of cheap legacy 15's if all you want to hear is a big queef?

Originally posted by Moocow16 I don't mean to get into an arguement, but why would anybody buy midrange+ speakers if all they aren't worried about clarity? i mean, that kinda defies(sp?) the point in getting them, y not just get a bunch of cheap legacy 15's if all you want to hear is a big queef?
Why do people buy dual Jensen 10" subs?

People have different listening tastes and price ranges. He inquired about a speaker and seemed to be interested in the SPL and wanted to know what the speaker was like. You can infer from the post that he wanted an SPL speaker and a decent tweeter since Audiobahn isn't known for highs. Instead he was told they were cheap.

It may be what he is looking for and for the price on them they are a bargain for what he needs to suit his tastes. It doesn't sound like Infinities would do the trick for him.

Again I apologize to Gauntlet. It has been a long and trying weekend at work.. I came on to check and see what was going on and it just "seemed" like every other post has misguided information.

Originally posted by JaJay721 Again I apologize to Gauntlet. It has been a long and trying weekend at work.. I came on to check and see what was going on and it just "seemed" like every other post has misguided information.
No hard feelings man.......it just better never happen again!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

only thing im going to add....is why would u buy mids for spl??? the mids and tweets are for the clairity part of the system....the subs are used for the spl aspect.....where as some drivers are louder than others......the mids arnt going to contribute that much to the overall spl of a system.....so therefore all the arguing was in vain.......anyways....jus glad to see it over w/....

Originally posted by JaJay721 Why do people buy dual Jensen 10" subs?

Lack of knowledge;) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

And to the dude looking at Audiobahn components...please listen to them before you purchase them. Dont let anyone tell you that you should or shouldn't get them - it's all personal preference. I may hate them, you may love them. We all look for different aspects in our music.

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.