Audiobahn A8000t Protection Light

So when i take out the speaker wires, the amp still keeps the Red protection light on. The Green power light doesnt even turn on. If i take out the remote wire or the RCA's then the protection light turns off.
If this means anything, my brother used to use this single amp for his whole system, 2 subs, 2 6x9's, and 2 6.5's all from Infinity Reference Series. So it could be getting a low ohm load? I appreciate the help audiobaun!

yeah thats not a good idea, depending on how he wired it im sure it was below it amps rated ohm load value

yes i did it while the speaker is on. Im checking it right now to see if it changes....

Ok so there are blue lights that should go on when it turns on. The blue lights come on for less than a second when i remove the remote and speaker wires then wait a few mina and then replace the remote. After that it goes back to red without the load.

im going to check the RCA's now that i saw your post.

This is what is happening. The red light will stay on if i have the remote wire plugged in and either of the RCA cables. Do you want me to test the remote with each side of the RCA's? If i take out both of the RCA's the protect light will turn off and there is no power.

So when i take out the speaker wires, the amp still keeps the Red protection light on. The Green power light doesnt even turn on. If i take out the remote wire or the RCA's then the protection light turns off.
If this means anything, my brother used to use this single amp for his whole system, 2 subs, 2 6x9's, and 2 6.5's all from Infinity Reference Series. So it could be getting a low ohm load? I appreciate the help audiobaun!
To be CLEAR, That is a MONO amp,and 4ohm,and 2ohm stable.Im sure his speakers didnt like that amp much..lol.Im sure he damaged it if he hooked all that up to that amp at one time

yes i did it while the speaker is on. Im checking it right now to see if it changes....
Ok so there are blue lights that should go on when it turns on. The blue lights come on for less than a second when i remove the remote and speaker wires then wait a few mina and then replace the remote. After that it goes back to red without the load.

Just pull both RCAs out and try it again, but if your brother had all those speakers hooked to that amp at one time, then it is damaged,and needs repaired, due to an ohm load issue/Failure.may need a replacement,or it may be just replacing the mosfets, and you will be fine?May be able to find an amp cheaper than repair it,possibly.

This is what is happening. The red light will stay on if i have the remote wire plugged in and either of the RCA cables. Do you want me to test the remote with each side of the RCA's? If i take out both of the RCA's the protect light will turn off and there is no power.
All you are dealing with is power/ground,and remote/on/off,thats it...3 wires,nothingelse.

one more question from me.....was it working in your brothers car when it last played with all those 20 speakers he had hooked up to it

ok well then nothing turns on if both of the RCA's are removed.
LOL..no kidding..Keep those RCAs removed, and take a small piece of speaker wire,or power wire you have laying around, and make sure the radio is on, and power.and see if the light still comes on red with the power/ground, and remote wires in tact..no speaker wires hooked up, and no rcas hooked up.If its red, then amp has an issue, if green/blue on power light,then check your wiring for the subs,though you stated they are SVC4ohm, so they can only be wired to either 2ohm,or 8ohm load, in which that amp should be fine.If it lights up fine with both the speaker wires off, and the rcas in, then you could have a bad sub as well.You can try ea sub individual to see if it goes into protect,after powering up ea time, That amp is 4ohm stable,'Doing this, you will find which sub is bad,without using a DMM(digital Multi meter)

Well then he owes me a new 16th Birthday present //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif He's had the system out of his car for almost 8 years until i put it in my car... i cleaned the inside of the amp out. Nothing broken that i could see.

Well then he owes me a new 16th Birthday present //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif He's had the system out of his car for almost 8 years until i put it in my car... i cleaned the inside of the amp out. Nothing broken that i could see.
Id go grab his sub amp out..lol..Last thing to do,take it out(amp)take it to the car battery,hook the jumper wire to remote, and power together,and run the wire to the + on the car battery,and then a ground wire to the - connection of the car battery,if it lights up with no red, then it should be a good amp.It will be your wiring install,or a bad sub.Be like a bad ground wire,or remote to the amp,,be all that could be that I can think of

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.