Audio Tech installed speaker grill and then subwoofer beside the grill (not directly over it)

Pretty sure JL audio makes specific grilles for that particular sub: i.e. their ho enclosures. The shop should have known better. They cut corners and ripped you off a bit.

So the amp is inside the enclosure? I'm trying to make sense of your yibber yabber but don't see any pics of the sub, just the grille part.

So the amp is inside the enclosure? I'm trying to make sense of your yibber yabber but don't see any pics of the sub, just the grille part.
I think its like a beauty panel in front of the enclosure/amp with the enclosure oriented sideways.
Best I can tell by those pics anyways... :unsure:

So the sub/amp mounted inside behind that so called beauty panel with a sub grille near the edge?? I'm thinking I get it but it's confusing a bit. I would not have done that install like that. That amp will heat up fast in that area, regardless of that hole there. I would have mounted that amp on top of that panel, all wires hiding behind it, amp exposed to natural air, less chance of shutting down because of overheating.

OP...remove that stupid panel and expose the amp/sub & post up a pic if you can.

They should move the amp to an "Open Air Area" for better Air Flow. Then move the sub back to the hole it goes in, buy a different grill that fits properly over your subwoofer. (They should pay for b/c their mistake $10-$30). Theres many different types of grilles that will fit. (This is guessing that the reason they moved your sub is b/c the grill was hitting the sub and wouldn't fit when they tried to put it on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.