Audio system upgrade. Need help

Participant count
  • Participant list

gsmmog4

I'v just became a member of this forum. Need to get some knowledge regarding the car audio system. I own 2 unimogs, 1 2001 Mercedes G500 and 1 Mercedes ML350. The ML audio is perfect. It's got Harman Kardan's system.

I'd like to upgrade the G500 and 2 mogs but donno where to start. Pls help me to find out the right solution. What do I need to show in order to get a precise advise?

As for G500 it's got an original MB head unit (donno anything about the technical details). I'd like to keep this HU as it has a steering wheel control. I've tried bunch of other HUs along with steering wheel adapters but non of them worked. the truck has got 2 speakers at the front (on the left and right of the dashboard facing up), 2 speakers on the rear passenger doors and 2 speakers on the back. The speakers are not big, again donno exactly the wattage but remember 8ohm. No sub and no amp. I'd like to match the right sub and amp at the beginning. If there's a need would change the speakers as well.

regarding the unimog the truck is ex-military and did not have any audio at all. The cabin has 2 seats. I have installed Blaupunkt San Francisco head unit and 2 Blaupunkt GTx 663 DE 6.5-Inch 220-Watt Triaxial Speakers on the door panels near the feet. The engine is very noisy. I have covered the cabin with Dynamat like material where ever I could in order to reduce the noise but still the audio sounds very poor. Plan to install an amp and sub as well. Also donno how to match the right capacity equipment. Pls help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.