Audio system issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

Galileo

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ohio
I stumbled across this forum while trying to troubleshoot my car's audio system. I have a 2010 Toyota 4Runner with a JBL Premium system that is original equipment. While driving the other day, the sound simply cut out. Gone. Silence. I thought at first I lost my satellite signal. But that was not the case. The radio display usually says "no signal" when that happens. My display was still showing all the channel and song information. It was clearly getting information. I switched off the satellite to the AM and FM modes...still no sound. At that point I thought my speaker system died or became disconnected somehow. But, I switched over to Bluetooth mode and was able to play music from my phone just fine. The navigation map that shows in the display window seems to be operating normally as well. Any insight as to what is going on here? Loose/bad connection to something somewhere?

Disclosure...I am not an audiophile by any means and may very well be out of place on this forum. I am just a simple dude who wants to hear music in my car!

It is strange for sure. However bluetooth worked fine. I would say it had to be a satellite receiver issue. Has it corrected itself or is it still broken?
Still broken (day 3)...No sound from AM, FM, or SAT. Bluetooth working perfectly well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.