Audio not achieveing full potential

Participant count
  • Participants list

infi35

CarAudio.com Newbie
Full disclosure, I really don't have much knowledge/experience with audio, but I'm determined to solve this issue.

Anyway, as I was driving home from work today the audio in my car suddenly sounded amazing, especially the bass which was much deeper and richer than I had ever heard before and stood out more. I recently bought this car so I always just thought the sound system wasn't the greatest. After driving a while it went back to the old sound, which was really dissapointing. However, now that I've heard the full potential of the sound system I am determined to figure out what is causing this. I thought of taking it to an audio shop but if it's a simpler issue I was hoping to fix it myself. I went on another drive to see if the audio was in the state I had heard it in before, which it was, but only for a short while. I'm not exactly sure how to find the issue due to my lack of experience, but maybe someone here can steer me in the right way. If it's any help, the previous owner put in a Pioneer FH-X720BT stereo and otherwise the system is Bose premium sound.

This morning I noticed the audio sounding amazing, until I went past a certain volume on my head unit. Then when I parked and kept the stereo going it stayed sounding great. It really is random, where it will switch from sounding a bit dull / muffled to it's full potential, and back to muffled. But I have yet to find any solution so I will probably have to resort to taking it to a shop..

Speaking of the alternator.. I took a normal turn yesterday and I completely lost power steering, lost engine responsiveness, check engine came on... turning the car on and off fixed it but I looked it up many said it could be the alternator. Other than this I haven't had any sort of issues with the car. I'm not sure how old either are but I could ask the previous owner. I will look into it tomorrow. Thank you for the feedback!

So my battery and alternator are both fine, looks like I'll take a look at the wiring next.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.