Audio Legion Armada 10

Participant count
  • Participant list

SlugButter

CarAudio.com VIP
arizona
Building for a primarily heavy metal listener. 1.25 cubes tuned to 33 HZ. Recommended from Audio Legion was 1.5 @ 33 HZ, but that graphed out with a large lower end hump, so attempting to tone that down just a little.
1FE821D9-70B9-4619-AF9F-FE2F2B98EC58.jpeg

It wasn’t in the original plan, but I decided to go ahead and give him a double baffle, and some stained birch on the front with black MDF surrounding it. Should bring out the natural wood ok. He didn’t pay for anything but a basic box, but work is slow and I have a lot of scrap lying around.
2D9114B3-43D3-441B-BDFB-E31A6111D525.jpeg

Idk what he is going to use for an amp but with pushing a set in a box built for TnT's set at 37hz they hit really nice for a budget subwoofer and that is with a Cab-22. I tried to push them as hard as I could and they took the beating no problems.

I hope I even get to listen to it. It’s very disappointing to build a nice box for a good subwoofer and see someone roll in with a 1200 watt Boss amp……then have to hold my tongue. I’m not an installer. I’m a box builder. I know how to install, I just don’t want to. When I point out problems, I nearly always have to help fix it for free.

I own 2 clamps so I use a Brad nailer and wood filler. If I did it for extra money, I’d def do clamps. Hopefully the owner will demo for you

I own 2 clamps so I use a Brad nailer and wood filler. If I did it for extra money, I’d def do clamps. Hopefully the owner will demo for you
Yeah, I put a few 3/4 screws from the inside at an angle so it doesn’t pierce through. I have to stay away from the corners or it will kill my 30$ round over bit when my router hits it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...