Attn Loud Trunks

I'm not 100% sure, because last contest i was in I hit 139.7. but, my Eq wasn't mounted only had 2 gauge from my battery & i didn't have a Kinetik Power Cell installed. Not to mention fine tuning & matching all the freq & gains.

I'm wondering what my trunk is putting out. It's gotta be somewhat louder, my windshield has a 6-7 inch crack in the upper right "corner" I've oticed it is geting bigger! >:) 'bout time!

My all time goal is to hit 151-156

so i tried walling off my trunk in my car with a single dd3512 and a vent tuned to around 40. only thing is, im getting massive cancellation until i open my windows. i have used great stuff foam all around the box so it should be sealed. any ideas? box is pushed all the way forward towards the cabin also.

so i tried walling off my trunk in my car with a single dd3512 and a vent tuned to around 40. only thing is, im getting massive cancellation until i open my windows. i have used great stuff foam all around the box so it should be sealed. any ideas? box is pushed all the way forward towards the cabin also.
phase issue. switch the pos and neg on the amp. (speaker terminal of course, not power and ground)

Mine

DSC00526.jpg

DSC00523.jpg

DSC00522.jpg

I was at a 141.9 with the Fi Q's in a box that was too small for them on a SAZ1500D. Sold those and got a pair of AA Havoc 12's. New box is 2cf/driver tuned to 32Hz w/ 56.6sq in of port. Powered them with a SAZ3000D and it was noticably louder. If I had to guess, maybe a 145-146. Never got it metered. Sadly it has been removed and some of it sold till I get a job. I miss it.

The next box will be the same subs and amp and tune but turned around, subs and port facing forward, and sealed off from the trunk. Hopefully not too far in the future I will be able to get back in it.

im hitting 144.9 on music with my subs maxed and sounding like absolute poop to get that number.

I have a wall behind my rear seats with 2 12's and 96" port area. I have 2 seperate boxes, 2 cubes each box tuned to 36 hz. Its not sealed off tho theres an inch above the box that lets air back into the trunk. I need to get that number up i should be doing that easily and i shouldn't have to turn it up 10 past when its supposed to be on my volume to get there.

anyone got any tips for me?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.