Assistance For Picking and Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nayth

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi all, new to the forum and looking to get started on upgrading my car audio.

I wanted a bit of advise in regards to an amplifier that would be suitable for the sub woofer set up that I am planning.

I am planning on getting a couple of Pioneer TS-A250D4 10" subwoofers.

I want to wire them up to a single amplifier and from what I have read the RMS of each sub is 400w so I will require an amp around 800w?

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a suitable amplifier to use? , there seems to be little selection for this rating.

Thank you,
Nayth

If you're buying a pair of dual 4 ohm coil subwoofers you can wire them for 1 ohm parallel or 4 ohm series/parallel. Buying a mono Class D amplifier that is 1 ohm stable is your best bet (for your anticipated budget). It is ok to have more amplifier rating than you need since you can adjust output with the use of the volume knob and gain setting.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.