Bass cuts out when turning bass knob up and comes back after turning volume max on head unit

Participant count
  • Participant list
Could be an issue with the bass knob itself. The bass knob is a potentiomenter that can have "dead spots" and provide an incorrect signal. Pay attention to how the subs behave at each position of the bass knob.

If i were to guess there is a cold solder joint on the ground of the input stage on your amp. when you turn up the bass knob the vibrations causes it to lose connectivity, when you turn up the volume to max on the hu the preamp has enough current and voltage to arc the connection back to life

If i were to guess there is a cold solder joint on the ground of the input stage on your amp. when you turn up the bass knob the vibrations causes it to lose connectivity, when you turn up the volume to max on the hu the preamp has enough current and voltage to arc the connection back to life

Definitely an option, i've seen that before also.

You can just unplug the bass knob and see if you can replicate the problem without it. A bass knob is just an attenuator, it doesn't actually boost the signal.

The first thing you should check is the voltage at the amp when it happens. The vast majority of the time it's a problem with input power

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.