Argh!!! I have more questions. Could someone please answer them for me??? o_o

Participant count
  • Participant list

ArcaneParadise
10+ year member

Okay... With more research comes more questions and I have one more question. Once I figure this out I think I'll be set. WHAT IS CLEAN POWER? I know it has something to do with good voltage flow and not keeping the gain knob up high. I have a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport so I am using educated guesses to deduce that it will most likely have a good voltage flow being such a large vehicle. Secondly, about the not keeping the gain knob up high. Now does this mean I could take 2 JBL 1200.1's and hook both of them up to a SINGLE Infinity Perfect 10 and, assuming good voltage flow and keeping the gain knob up at say... 1/4 of the way up on both of them and keeping the bain gain knob accessory at 1/4 of the way up and I take my deck and put it at 60 out of 60 that it is not going to blow??? Now bear in mind that that would be 2400 RMS going to a subwoofer with 350 RMS. I may be going a little extreme with the example but I am just trying to figure out an answer to the question...

#1 WHAT IS CLEAN POWER? Please please please could someone give me a really clear definition of it and what it is all about.

#2 Could something SIMILAR to the example ever be achieved. Right now I am using a RF Punch 800.2 and if I keep the gain knobs at around 1/2 give or take and take my deck and put it up to lets say 50-55 out of 60 on a broken in Infinity Perfect will they blow?

#3 What is distortion and how can I tell if I am getting it? Is it just if it is not playing clear? Well then if that is the case then how do I tell the difference from something that just has sloppy sound quality to something that has distortion???

Ahh I am going mad once again but if I can get this one (three) figured out then I'll be happy as a clown.
Thank you to anyone and everyone that can answer these questions or can do so much as just put in their 2 cents.

Ya know, most of the stuff yer askin' can be answered in any car audio mag or in several hundred "do it your self" and "frequently asked questions" sites.

The fact your in here asking us to type several pages of answers to questions as trivial as how "do you put on a wrist watch" leads me to believe that your not willing to put any real time into this "sacred" hobbie.

Read a book or somthing and stop asking us why the sky is blue.

I am not sure if this is okay to do or not but since no one has really responded in 12 hours I just wanted to get it back to the top of the forum list... If I am not supposed to do this please tell me and I will not do it anymore but I am just trying to get those questions answered.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.