aren't mono amps suppose to be "D"

Originally posted by DaBaller504 The D dosn't stand for digital!
but it is more efficient for lower frequencies //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Originally posted by DaBaller504 I didn't say it wasn't, I was just stating D dosn't stand for Digital, a misconception done by many.
i know and i agree completely with you.

it stands for 'we wanted to make it logical, and then TRICK your ass so you could look like a fool when you found out it never stood for digital' but actually it stands for four, there in the order that IEEE recognized them, so A is one B is two and so forth... just a IEEE standard

Class-A Output device(s) conduct through 360 degrees of input cycle (never switch off) - A single output device is possible. The device conducts for the entire waveform

Class-B Output devices conduct for 180 degrees (1/2 of input cycle) - for audio, two output devices in "push-pull" must be used (see Class-AB)

Class-AB Halfway (or partway) between the above two examples (181 to 200 degrees typical) - also requires push-pull operation for audio. The conduction for each output device is shown in

Class-C Output device(s) conduct for less than 180 degrees (100 to 150 degrees typical) - Radio Frequencies only - cannot be used for audio! This is the sound heard when one of the output devices goes open circuit in an audio amp! , showing the time the output device conducts (single-ended operation is assumed, and yes this does work for RF).

Class-D Quasi-digital amplification. Uses pulse-width-modulation of a high frequency (square wave) carrier to reproduce the audio signal

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.