are these specs good for two dd 3512's?

DD hasn't updated the recommended tuning since the old claw baskets. The 8 spokes where much better lower.
So they went from designing subs to play well in that box to some different design philosophy and didn't tell anyone?

Here. My old car. Tuned at 32. Use your own judgment. My last 2508sc was tuned at 35 and it needed a ton of EQ. The scion needed none.

Do you really even listen to songs with 30hz? I would tune no lower than 37 with that type of sub and the DD website agrees.

On the bright side, you can use 10' sono tube to build your port and experimenting with different tunings will be cheap and easy.

you just hard a ton of reinforcement from the cars size and shape. not that the install isn't top notch because i'm sure it is.

the newer drivers FINALLY have a decent Kms curve and linear mechanical resistance over its REAL xmax.

the 9500s are no slouch. they are efficient and sound good NOW. those older 7.5" spiders where pitiful down low. I've tested up to the E or maybe F series last one with the square vent in the top plate. the new ESP package is awesome though but it lowers peak output..

you just hard a ton of reinforcement from the cars size and shape. not that the install isn't top notch because i'm sure it is. the newer drivers FINALLY have a decent Kms curve and linear mechanical resistance over its REAL xmax.

the 9500s are no slouch. they are efficient and sound good NOW. those older 7.5" spiders where pitiful down low. I've tested up to the E or maybe F series last one with the square vent in the top plate. the new ESP package is awesome though but it lowers peak output..
The ESP increases cone area.

You don't see many TCs get high numbers. It's not a easy hatch to work with. The hatch had a large lip, it's hard to get airspace and still stay under that lip. Also no matter what I did it always peaked low. Even tried a 50hz burp port. Still peaked at 38

The ESP increases cone area. You don't see many TCs get high numbers. It's not a easy hatch to work with. The hatch had a large lip, it's hard to get airspace and still stay under that lip. Also no matter what I did it always peaked low. Even tried a 50hz burp port. Still peaked at 38
the surround stay linear because te don

t dimple in normal fashion..

the spiders are larger for higher excursion

and yes the baskets are larger more like a 13 and 16..

So they went from designing subs to play well in that box to some different design philosophy and didn't tell anyone?

Nice looking box.

Not sure if DD's specs are right for the 3512 but it looks like it will roll off before 50hz on the high side even if you tune at 33hz

Do you really even listen to songs with 30hz? I would tune no lower than 37 with that type of sub and the DD website agrees.

On the bright side, you can use 10' sono tube to build your port and experimenting with different tunings will be cheap and easy.

I called DD and they told me that the box design specs were up to date.

I called DD and they told me that the box design specs were up to date.
yea. but matching the frequency response to your cabins frequency response and shaping the output is two totally different things my man.

for example if you had a small truck and you wanted more low end id say go big and tune lower to help boost low end because smaller trucks naturally roll off around 50hz. on)the other hand a large Suv id say a little smaller and tune a little higher because its naturally going to peak in the mid to low 40s sometimes even low 36-38(depending on how big your box its and the pathway of the wave) thats is for a well balanced sound for output Id do the oppsite. small box high tune ton of port area in a truck and larger box low tune even bigger port in a SUV..

yea. but matching the frequency response to your cabins frequency response and shaping the output is two totally different things my man. for example if you had a small truck and you wanted more low end id say go big and tune lower to help boost low end because smaller trucks naturally roll off around 50hz. on)the other hand a large Suv id say a little smaller and tune a little higher because its naturally going to peak in the mid to low 40s sometimes even low 36-38(depending on how big your box its and the pathway of the wave) thats is for a well balanced sound for output Id do the oppsite. small box high tune ton of port area in a truck and larger box low tune even bigger port in a SUV..
Well... for me sound quality> loudness...

I want to be loud but sound good. Hmm... i might get 10s instead and build a bigger box. Lets say 3.50 cubes net? tuned at about 35?? thats dd specs

Well... for me sound quality> loudness...
I want to be loud but sound good. Hmm... i might get 10s instead and build a bigger box. Lets say 3.50 cubes net? tuned at about 35?? thats dd specs
what car is this? where are you going to put them? what music you like? if you prefer it to sound good you want a flatter response so id do 4 tuned to the FS of the driver..

I don't want to start a **** fest while the 3500s sound excellent i think you have more options. for instance the ID max 12s is well know for being a very good sounding driver and is more suited to excellent clarity and definition.

what car is this? where are you going to put them? what music you like? if you prefer it to sound good you want a flatter response so id do 4 tuned to the FS of the driver..
I don't want to start a **** fest while the 3500s sound excellent i think you have more options. for instance the ID max 12s is well know for being a very good sounding driver and is more suited to excellent clarity and definition.
Nissan titan crew cab. going on the passenger side of vehicle. Ive owned a 3500 before and it was the best sounding speaker ive had. Im sticking with DD because they have never succeeded to fail me. I have a 9515 right now and it sounds decent and very loud but im thinking this will sound better and still be loud.

Nissan titan crew cab. going on the passenger side of vehicle. Ive owned a 3500 before and it was the best sounding speaker ive had. Im sticking with DD because they have never succeeded to fail me. I have a 9515 right now and it sounds decent and very loud but im thinking this will sound better and still be loud.
going from a 9515 to 2 9510s are a waste. its not going to be nearly as loud. you want something that sounds better?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.