are these specs good for two dd 3512's?

thetntstick

south LA
going in a cree cab titan on an m3c at 1 ohm. I just got finished with electrical and want this done right...

this is a daily driver btw and i need some experienced opinions.

specs:

thickness: .75 in

net volume: 4.11 cu ft

tune freq: 35

20.41 inch of port length with a diamter of 9.15 inches

i raised the height of the box a bit and got 5.11 cu ft. Why tune lower? I hear for 9500s you need to and i needed to for mine...but for a 3500 i hear 35-38 hz mostly...

No. Tune lower will play flatter with more bandwidth. The couple db you give up will be overshadowed by the added range.

I've only been working with DD woofers for the past 6 years.

i raised the height of the box a bit and got 5.11 cu ft. Why tune lower? I hear for 9500s you need to and i needed to for mine...but for a 3500 i hear 35-38 hz mostly...
You heard right. 35 to 37 works best. Lower than 35 you start loosing output ad get more lowend. If you do 5 its going to sound fine as well be ultimately your just going to get more low-end. Its going to shift from 35 to 70 to 30 to 60.

The 3500s/9500s like 2 to 2.5 per driver but 2 cubes per with 40in^2 works great.

If i had to recommend a box id say do 4.5 tuned to 35 with 80in^2 of port area.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok thank you friend. i think i will try to tune to 30 hz.
I would stick to DD recommended port width and length. DD Box Design

You should expect DD knows best and every DD sub I've heard in spec box has been very impressive. I'd suggest if you haven't modeled them for yourself and have a good reason to tune different they may not perform best if you use them outside DD suggested application.

5 cube should be great.

ok guys... i have some of you telling me tune low and some tellinf me tune higher. im not experienced with box tuning but everyone is telling me 5 cubic feet. if i tune to 35-7 will it still play 30 hz fine? I listen to mostly rap/electronic and some rock with heavy drums....

ok guys... i have some of you telling me tune low and some tellinf me tune higher. im not experienced with box tuning but everyone is telling me 5 cubic feet. if i tune to 35-7 will it still play 30 hz fine? I listen to mostly rap/electronic and some rock with heavy drums....
Here. My old car. Tuned at 32. Use your own judgment. My last 2508sc was tuned at 35 and it needed a ton of EQ. The scion needed none.

Here. My old car. Tuned at 32. Use your own judgment. My last 2508sc was tuned at 35 and it needed a ton of EQ. The scion needed none.

my 2512A did much better tuned low. that being said it has a QES of .75. the 3500s and 9500s have a much stiffer suspension and generally don't do very good output wise under 35hz. its a huge sacrifice for a little wider bandwidth..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.