Are there SQ subs and amps that are clearly winners

toyopl
10+ year member

I can't seem to find any specific thread on this. I already got ID subs/speakers and Sundown amps. But whatever amp or sub someone reccomend few minutes later I find another post that it's not that good.t good. I cannot find info on what amps are the best when it comes to sq. I mean are there amps out there that clearly everyone knows that they're good/best at what they're supposed to do. I'm not talking about some ridiculous price, just something that cost a bit more but clearly is good at it.

Also is there a sub company like that ? what would be the sq winner of subs ? Fi, Sundown, ID, Incriminator, SSA.......list is soo long.

You may as well use what you have. Aside from alleged noise issues, I doubt you will notice much of a difference between your Sundown amplifier and other brands in the same price range. I hate to break it to you but sound quality is more about your installation/setup/tuning than it is about your choice of amplifiers and choice of speakers (assuming you have decent stuff to begin with). IIRC the formula is 85% install, 10% equipment choice, and 5% beer.

Then again, what do I know... I only went through 39 amplifiers and 5 vehicles since 2006...

Oh no, I'm not changing my setup, I haven't even installed it yet and I'm sure I'll be happy with it. It's just I wanted to know Is there something out there that is clearly good and won't have negative reviews.

You might not like the answer, but no one company of either part is the best. Reason- Sound is subjective. If you don't want to go by your ears, then it's all just general consensus.

Man, you should drive more carefully.
I only totaled one car in that time frame and that was because a drunk driver crossed the center line and hit me:

Car-Front.jpg

The other vehicle switches were because I wanted something different. Which reminds me, I am ready for something different.

Ultra, Focal, Audison, Mac, Arc, there are many to choose from. Your best bet is to find high end dealers in your area and go and listen to some amps. Try to use the same or close to the same deck and speakers at each shop and with each amp in a shop. You will hear a difference in the higher quality gear but you'll have to pay to get that difference. Same goes for your source unit. When you start with a better signal you get better sound at the end.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.