Are my XS Power D3400 batteries done for?

SkwurlyFab
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
SD
I have two XS Power D3400 batteries that I've been running for the past two years. Recently my alternator went out which caused them to drain completely and sit in my truck dead for over a month.

I recently took them out and charged them both up. It took 3 days for each one to charge above 12.6, but now that I've disconnected the charger they are sitting way below 12.6v each after just 3 days.

Battery 1 is at 11.2v, and Battery 2 is at 12.3v. They have been sitting in my garage with nothing connected to them. No power draw at all.

I know they're supposed to stay at 12.6v or above. So does this mean they're done for?

One of them also has a bulge in the top of the case if that makes any difference. That's the one that's sitting at 12.3v on the right in the photos. Couldn't really capture it in the photo..

Eoa2Xqll.jpg

HqhaXhEl.jpg

This is the batt with the bulged top, hard to see in the photo though..

rlzANuGl.jpg

Battery 1 charge notes

a60AO6hl.jpg

Battery 2 charge notes

BGPucMVl.jpg

cFube28l.jpg

PrZ4ubvl.jpg

This is the charger I've been using

1RfPOYbl.jpg

battery #1 serial number is worn off unfortunately

EMHGm3Wl.jpg

Bulged battery #2 serial number

BB7qgJFl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i would cycle them a few times.

but the one that has a buldge i would replace that.

and thats the one at 11 volts?

if so get another, or if its not to old see if it can be replaced..

Just added all the photos to my original post.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

i would cycle them a few times.but the one that has a buldge i would replace that.

and thats the one at 11 volts?

if so get another, or if its not to old see if it can be replaced..
The one that has the bulge is actually the one that is sitting at 12.3v. Check out the photos I just added to my original post.

ok.

ya i dont see a big bulge.

i see your using the battery tender..

hook them back up for a few days.

but i would cycle them a few times.

just dont drain them completely.

I'll give them a cycle and re-charge and see how they do. They were down really low though so I'm worried about them. Battery 1 was at 2.33v and Battery 2 was at 4.91 and I've read that these batteries get damaged if you let them sit anywhere below 12.6 for too long.

I'll give them a cycle and re-charge and see how they do. They were down really low though so I'm worried about them. Battery 1 was at 2.33v and Battery 2 was at 4.91 and I've read that these batteries get damaged if you let them sit anywhere below 12.6 for too long.
Yea man give them a couple full charges see if they hold... Also were they on the concrete floor? Cause that's bad don't do that... And batteries that expensive should have had the battery tender hooked up to for storage to maintain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea man give them a couple full charges see if they hold... Also were they on the concrete floor? Cause that's bad don't do that... And batteries that expensive should have had the battery tender hooked up to for storage to maintain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WHy is it bad to let them sit on a concrete floor? I've heard this before, but don't know why that is

im betting theyll be fine after you cycle them but it may be near the end of their life considering a full discharge has a drastic effect on an agm battery

Yeah they were on concrete. I'll raise up on on something for the cycling. I messed up by not having them on the charger for sure. Plus my Orion sub amp was staying on for some reason which drained the **** out of them real fast. I'm just hoping I don't have to spend another $520 on two new batteries since I just had to buy a new alternator too. Plus install and some other fixes I need on my truck. It's going to be an expensive month.

I've always heard that batteries discharge faster when sitting on concrete too. Better safe that sorry I guess.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.