Are my speakers blown?

Participant count
  • Participant list

BassDrop

Senior VIP Member
So I got a pair of CDT Audio Es6as kevlar/fiberglass woofers and they worked fine for like 5 months till I came to mexico. The road is pretty ****** soo o my way here looks like one of the speakers cable disconnected. It still worked till one day my amp went in protect mode and I fugured it was that. It does play but then when i turn it up my amp goes into protect .i vo nected it directly to stereo and I can varely gear it play. Are they burnt? Also any recommendations for something to replace them? Im running some ssa evils 6.5 but compared to those CDTs they sound like crap

Get a DMM and check the OHM reading of the coils. It does not sound like they would have blown but start there. Amp going into protect could be bad connections, poorly set gain, bad amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.