Are 6x9s the same when it comes to mounting points

Participant count
  • Participant list
The four holes for the screws / bolts....are these standard for all 6x9 speakers? Just curious before I buy a new set of speakers and realize I have to drill new holes because things dont line up. Should add that I'm just replacing factory 6x9s. Thanks.
There isn't an exact standard such as DIN for 6x9's. Some 6x9's have extra holes in the chassis and sometimes slots. I would drill the 6x9 chassis to fit the factory mounting holes rather than drill more holes in the vehicle. Use your factory speaker as the template. It may only be a matter of enlarging the holes in the new 6x9 with a bigger drill bit so that you can get the mounting screw in place.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.