Arc Audio or Sundown

for what? Powering component speakers? Powering a sub? Or are you just asking which company in general? I mean if it was me I would personally go with Arc audio only b/c I've seen people that have used it, that's not to say that sundown is a bad company though I've just never seen them in person.

And actually this is really a vague question you need to tell us what you are planning on doing with said amps.

Arc.

Zenon boards do rated power(actually more) and have VERY meaty power supplies. They are a favorite when you need affordable big power and over build is a must. But Arc Audio just has a lot more components to help maintain its performance within spec much better. The Arc's have better crossovers as well. The power supply isn't as beefy but the output section will give Zenon boards a run. I sell Arc amps and a company that uses Zenon boards. Arc Audio takes the win, even though one of our show cars uses a Zenon-board amp:blackeye: .

From http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com

inside1.jpg

inside2.jpg

Considering the Sundown is rated at 33% higher, not bad for the Arc.

*EDIT* Arc also maintains within range of rated power at 2ohm or 1ohm loads.

I bought my Sundowns because not only was I impressed with the price:value of them, but also because Jacob is a stand up guy. He always gets back to me whenever I have a question. He seems all around customer oriented, and definitely wants to make sure that whoever runs his products is satisfied with them. That means a lot to me. I think Arc makes a lot of fine products, I would love to have some SE's, but they are just out of my price range at present. I picked up a Sundown 100.4 and a 1500D. That said, I do not expect any problems, however, should any arise I'm positive Jacob will take care of me.

Either way you end up going, I bet you will end up pleased. It just all comes down to how much you want to spend, and what your individual goals are. Sundown is a smaller company, Arc offers a lot more amps, and as such more flexibility. I chose to go with Sundown because they met my needs with respect to power, budget and warranty support.

Just my .02

Whats your point?
My point is that they are a start up company with only 4 dealers in the WORLD....and only have 2 amps on their line..... how do i know that they arnt going to walk way the next year after my amp blows and i have no one to go to??? I am not trying to start an argument but i just am a little hesetant with spending $500 on a company that i know nothing about other than they started up a year ago.

My point is that they are a start up company with only 4 dealers in the WORLD....and only have 2 amps on their line..... how do i know that they arnt going to walk way the next year after my amp blows and i have no one to go to??? I am not trying to start an argument but i just am a little hesetant with spending $500 on a company that i know nothing about other than they started up a year ago.
I'm afraid that you have inaccurate information:

http://www.sundownaudio.com/dealers_reps.htm

6 internet dealers (5 in USA, 1 in Canada).

2 international distributors.

13 brick and mortar dealers in 10 states.

4 sales representatives in 3 states.

Sundown also offers 3 products as of today... 4 when the SAE-1000D starts shipping this week. Soon to be 5 when the SAZ-3000D ships in a month or so. Not to mentioned two sub lines and several other amps in the works.

Jacob and Sundown is not a little start up company. There are 3 amps in the current line up with two more class D amps here in the next few days. Not to mention a sub woofer line, and and SPL comp sub on the way, in addition to 2 more smaller mid level amps and a monster 2 channel amp in the works. Sundown is not going anywhere any time soon. Sundown has numerous brick and mortar dealers with more being added all the time, and a few online dealers. Now does that sound like a start up company to you?

Email support@soundsolutionsaudio.com for lowest price on Sundown amps. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.