Aq hdc3 18 vs kicker solo x 18

I found a solo x 18 for $230. so i could use some opinions....

thanks
Is it aluminum coils on the HDC3? Even so the Solo x 18 takes 5kw and the HDC3 aluminum takes like 2k max daily. Kind of a no brainer I figured? maybe I'm missing something?

Is it aluminum coils on the HDC3? Even so the Solo x 18 takes 5kw and the HDC3 aluminum takes like 2k max daily. Kind of a no brainer I figured? maybe I'm missing something?
Taking more power doesnt equal louder. The HDC might very well be louder within its power limits as the SoloX would be on the same power. But if he's planning on throwing 5K at it, of course the Solo would be a no brainer since the HDC would be toast.

hmmm.. well with that being said.. ill prolly just stick with the hdc3 18. because me electrical really is only set for for 2k - 2.5k.

i dont really want to go 3 - 5k. i was just thinkn cus 230 for the x18 seemed like a great deal

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

well it could prolly handle 3k but prolly no more then that lol

Taking more power doesnt equal louder. The HDC might very well be louder within its power limits as the SoloX would be on the same power. But if he's planning on throwing 5K at it, of course the Solo would be a no brainer since the HDC would be toast.
When did I say taking more power equals louder? Guy didn't say how much power he would be running so I assumed Solo X besides it's worth about 4x more than a HDC3 18" so I would pick it just for that simple fact, resale value.

When did I say taking more power equals louder? Guy didn't say how much power he would be running so I assumed Solo X besides it's worth about 4x more than a HDC3 18" so I would pick it just for that simple fact, resale value.
see thats actually what i was thinking. plus i wanted to use it. but i didnt think bout the 5k rms vs 2k max (max really dont matter ive put more then 2k through it until i got my current amp).....

see thats actually what i was thinking. plus i wanted to use it. but i didnt think bout the 5k rms vs 2k max (max really dont matter ive put more then 2k through it until i got my current amp).....
I don't see anyone putting more than 2K daily to an HDC3... Just my opinion though, even 2k is pushing it in most applications but whatever you think you can do with it is your own.

well idk. i was just saying in general. i figured it probly is(i could be wrong). i had a saz2000 ran to it, and they rated at like 12.6v, mine stays around 13.5v full tilt, unless i play like 28hz it drops pretty good. but idk it may have not being taken 2k. but theres alot idk about box rise and that stuff that i just dont understand

I don't see anyone putting more than 2K daily to an HDC3... Just my opinion though, even 2k is pushing it in most applications but whatever you think you can do with it is your own.
not really.... there are builds out there running 3 and even 4k to hdc3's daily... but it's not for the timid, there are ALOT of variables that you have to account for when running one on that high of power

I bet with 2k that X would get down and dirty, that is a great deal dont pass it up... what year cone is it anyway? if you posted pix i cannot see them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.