Aq hdc3 18 vs kicker solo x 18

I will never understand this: "this sub is rated for x watts so I have to give it that much power". That is nonsense. Also you guys were right in saying that power handling does not correlate to SPL. Power handling relates to how well the woofer wastes power applied.

my buddy has a dual 1 Solo X 18 and has two Rubi 2500d's on it, gets pretty loud, but if you build a good efficient enough box i dont see why you cant throw 2-3k at it and be MORE than happy.

I will never understand this: "this sub is rated for x watts so I have to give it that much power". That is nonsense. Also you guys were right in saying that power handling does not correlate to SPL. Power handling relates to how well the woofer wastes power applied.
which this makes sense i was just unsure on the losing/gaining from the to subs.

which this makes sense i was just unsure on the losing/gaining from the to subs.
Yeah and I mean I'm not trying to rag on anyone in particular. It happens a lot around here and I just want people to understand things correctly and not spread it to other people looking to learn the right way. I really just want to help... even though I often seem like a dbag.

my buddy has a dual 1 Solo X 18 and has two Rubi 2500d's on it, gets pretty loud, but if you build a good efficient enough box i dont see why you cant throw 2-3k at it and be MORE than happy.
im rebuilding no dout if i get it

Yeah and I mean I'm not trying to rag on anyone in particular. It happens a lot around here and I just want people to understand things correctly and not spread it to other people looking to learn the right way. I really just want to help... even though I often seem like a dbag.
i'm not saying that it is true for every sub out there... but with the solo x it really is... they get loud with 2k on them, but they really come alive at around 3.5k... just personal experience

the 18 will want more power than the 2k. with the right box itll take whatever power you put on it. also for the price itself i couldnt get a 12 for that price //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif get it

na i understand you getting frustrated. i hate when ppl that dont kno sh*t try to tell me sh*t to...lol....(not saying they dont know sh*t, jus sayin)

not really.... there are builds out there running 3 and even 4k to hdc3's daily... but it's not for the timid, there are ALOT of variables that you have to account for when running one on that high of power
Just because you guys have seen a video or two or a 5 minute play period of it being on 2-3k doesn't mean it's good for one daily. I've seen these things get warm off 2k and start sounding sloppy I for one would never run more than 1500-2k to one and I somewhat know what I'm doing. Just saying.

Just because you guys have seen a video or two or a 5 minute play period of it being on 2-3k doesn't mean it's good for one daily. I've seen these things get warm off 2k and start sounding sloppy I for one would never run more than 1500-2k to one and I somewhat know what I'm doing. Just saying.
Just depends upon what people consider daily. I have 2 3500's @ 1ohm each on my alum coil HDC and it does just fine. I run a 3500 @ .5ohm on each sub in my demo vehicle and they take it quite well. Of course I don't play full tilt for song after song as your ears can only take so much and voltage drops are an issue as I don't have the 2nd alt in yet.

A copper coil HDC should take 1500-2000watts all day if the box is right, the amp is set up properly, and you feed it a clean signal. Alum coil will take 2500-3500.

Never had a chance to mess with a Solo x as that was before my time unfortunately.

how much space do you have a 21 dp wouid destroy the both of these all would be good at 2.5k. Also you would have to save more money about twice as much as you have.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.