Approval - New, soon owned system.

SubCool
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
NY
Ok all.. i watch all u go back and forth ... all the time.. and i do learn. But i went to the near by Audio Shop.. and check these Specs:

AMP: Punch 600.5 - $610

Installed: $150

FRONT Speakers: MB Quarts DSP216 -$349

Installed: $40

REAR: RF I570?? (cant read his writing) - 110

Installed: $30

SUBS: 2 Clarion 10" w/ Box - 399

4ga AMp Kit - 95

REA's 2-set - 48 (whats that ?)

Total $1829

I question the AMP... the guy said JBL 1200.1 isnt something to get. i think i may differ from him on that.. but he is suggesting multi channel to power the whole car.. which is a good point. i Love the Front components and Woofers. Those woofers are SOOOO sweet, SQ to the MAX i am thinking of getting 12's though. He had it running on 1000 watts. KICKED ASS!. whooped most others... (let u all know, i am SQ all the way. SPL.. is alright) - Heard the L7. Memphis WOofer.. Jablen ... Kick Comp. i loved the SQ of the Clarion. the MB was a really good one too.. if u need SPL in ur life.. i was thinking about it. but as we move on. i didnt hear the RF.. we just chose them for a rear speaker.. i think ill change them.. But anyways.. i think this will pull a good Discussion cause most of u have not really mentions some of these things..

Any Questions for me?

and please responde.

Thanks Guys

All that shouldn't cost any more than $1,000. Your paying as much for the Discus MB Quarts as you would the Premium 3-ways, which are two levels above the discus. If your set on those particular speakers, you can get them for $145 at cbrstereo.com. Don't let that guy fool you. And I wouldn't pay that much for the Clarion subs either. Did he turn them up. Any sub can sound good at lower levels, what sets subs apart on the SQ front is how they sound when you really want to jam, distortion is EVIL, lol. It's what makes subs like Adire and Eclipse stand out. And there are two series of Clarion subs that I know about, the 41's and the 81's. Even if there the more expensive 81's you can get two of them for less than $175 online. The box will cost you about $50. A great 5 channel amp would be the JL Audio 500/5. It will be better for an SQ system and that will only run you about $300. That particular RF amp can be found at thezeb.com for only $389.

It's ok to buy from a local shop, there's nothing wrong with that. Even if you pay more. But they know what's going on on the internet, don't let them fool you. Make them compete, if not, just go somewhere else. Car audio places are a dime a dozen. It's not like mechanics that can do something you can't, it's just not that difficult to install a stereo. There's no way I'm going to pay full retail on all the equipment, then have to turn around and pay full installation and parts, it better be free just for bringing my business there instead of paying half price on the internet. It's better to install the equipment yourself, break EVERYTHING, buy it all again, and install it again than let them screw you out of your money. Least then you learn what your doing for the future. I mean, paying full retail is like buying the stereo twice anyways right? Most places just half a$$ the job anyways, so your not getting someone doing a better job or anything. Stereo installation isn't difficult, just buy some books from Crutchfield, they will explain everything you need to know. And if there are any little hitches, you can come here and ask.

wesleysh,

can you reccomend any other good reliable sites to purchase good brands (mb quart etc.) at awesome prices? Do you have experience with them?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You should really do your own install. It isn't that tough, and if something goes wrong you'll have the experience to fix it rather than spending more money for someone else to do it.

There are a couple of sites that are trusted by many here.

http://www.ikesound.com

Free shipping, but only ships out once a week, I think on Thursday's.

http://www.thezeb.com

http://www.cbrstereo.com

http://www.audio-warehouse.com

http://www.ampman.com

Not a discount place really, but its where you can find Adire Audio.

Anything you can't find at those 3 sites will probably be at http://www.uscaraudio.com

As a side note, http://www.discountsjungle.com has a lot of really great deals, but they overcharge for shipping, which makes up some of the price difference.

THats really cool man.. thanks.

So Quest one.. i got COMPLETELY ripped.. but the components are Good right?>

We had the Carions ROCKING.. they were LOUD. I am positive about those.. but like the amp... and u suggested a 5 channel.. do i need it? maybe just a 3 channel>> and those woofers are 500watts if i get that JBL for like 2xx$ i can rum them parrallel and really thump. What do u guys say for speakers.. anythinmg better then those RF for the rear? he kinda just picked them out of the blue and i know RF to be expensive.

so anyone?

please put ur two sence in. Im favorable for my Front Speakers and Woofers i have been told to just use the existing amp on the deck for the cabin speakers.. but they cause distortion. so shouldi use the factory amp ( i have a jbl system in my car). is it even possible to wire? well guys talk to me.. thanks.. ill look up those prices Thanks..

Sub

Ganji is correct; you should do your own install...its a GREAT learning experience. If you don't feel comfortable doing it all by yourself the first time then call up a buddy that knows something about installs.

If you don't have a buddy that knows about installs than that's even more of a reason to put it in yourself. Then YOU will be the buddy for all your friends, lol.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Well... ok.. we go that covered.. i am gonig to blow up me new system.

ABut i still need help with those other parts.those rear speakers and ****.. Someone please...

I got a butt ton of ideas for the installation.. but i still need those other parts.

Please guys

TTYL

Sub

ANyone PLEASE>>

Amps?? set up for amps? anythying? PLEASE... anything else for Rears Speakers.. ?

What other amps?

Even better

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET 2 12" Clarion Woofers for cheap.. i went to your sites.. i cant find them.

Help me please guys.

Sub

Hey, If anyone can find those Subs for less or know a great place to get those subs. please tell me.. because from what i've seen 70 is good. and if that aint the cheapest.. SOMEONE HELP ME CAUSE BRING IT ON!! haha.

thanks for that site.

WHat do u all sugggest for amps setups and rear speakers?

ttyl.. thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SubCool

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
SubCool
NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date