Anything comparable to the DEX-P9?

yeah were your db/oct slopes at is another good point like kenny said. I forgot about that, doesn't the p9 go to 36?

Whenever I was thinking about getting a 9255 my problem was with the EQ but what you could do is use the 5 bands for your sub and purchase a dqs and that would take care of the rest of it. Course why would you want to pay that much money and have to buy a separate unit whenever the h701 and p9 can do it with there better half.

I think they are all great units it just really comes down to budget and how much money you are willing to shell. Also keep in mind it's a lot easier to find the h701 and controller were as it's very difficult to find a p9 combo for a decent price. You can also find the drz-9255 very easily as well.
the h701 can do 3-way plus a sub you just use the rear outputs for the midbass if that's what you were wanting to do.

I have this issue in my stash of ca mags but for those who don't, this is a good read. Excellent review on it.

http://www.caraudiomag.com/testreports/0112cae_pioneer_premier_dexp9_deqp9_car_audio_head_unit/
Yep, thats what I want to do.

If you really want to lay down some cash, you can always get into the Alpine F#1 Status stuff too.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif
I don't have THAT much cash! haha

as i said, didn't mean limited but not as flexible as the h701 combo. the lowest you can hp your midrange is 200hz, while all outputs of except for the tweeter output can go all the way down to 20hz. also the highest crossover slope the drz9255 can go is 18db/oct while h701 can go up to 30db/oct. i have almost all my crossover settings set at 24db/oct. you might think its all that big of a deal, but to me it actually is. having flexbility is probably most important to me. also the h701 has a better option as far as eq goes. 31 band l/r eq + 10 band graphic eq on sub or an option of 7 band peq l/r. while drz9255 just has a 5 band peq. plus the let's say you get a w200/h701 combo you can run digital signal to your processor which will almost ensure a noise free system. the drz9255, you will have to run analog and possibly run into some noise issues.
The limitations on the midrange highpass isnt a problem, I will be highpassing my midrange at about 250 to 300hz anyway. Thats just about the physical limitations of the woofer I want to use.

And I do believe the Clarion has an optical digital input that will accept PCM data.

And that extra EQ the apline unit has is EVERY attractive, especially if I cna get it for the same price as the Clarion.

Like I said earlier, I will just look around until I'm ready to buy.

4 way crossovers. In order to do a 3 way front stage and a sub you need to split each channel up into 4 parts to feed to the respective trandusers. You've got the tweeters (or horns in my case) midrange, midbass and the sub. You also have 2 channels so you must multiply everything by 2. Thats where I get 8 filters from. 4 filters per channel (4 way crossover) and 2 channels.

Gotcha. Yes, you could do that. As mentioned, you could use the rear output for your midbass if you want stereo. Or, you could use the center channel output, but it is mono.

You have:

Front 1 left + Front 1 right (horns)

Front 2 left + Front 2 right (mids)

Rear left + Rear right (midbass)

Center

Sub

You can set the HPF and LPF for each channel individually, as well as eq each as needed.

Would it be possible to run the center full range and use it for rear fill? I'm just curious.
Yes, but it is mono. You could also try running the midbass mono (via the center channel output) and using the rear for rear as it is intended. This way your fader would operate correctly, and you could play movies in 5.1 correctly. The center channel output can be changed to "selectable subwoofer", so that even playing 5.1 movies, you won't have your vocals trying to come through the midbass. This is exactly what I would do, but I can't decide if I want to add dedicated midbass to my system or a center channel. If I didn't run rear speakers, I could do both.

Well I have no provisions for rear fill in my current plans. Nor do I have a way to impliment a center channel. If I do even decide to do rear fill, I'll just play it a few db down from the least sensitive woofer in my front stage.

the 9255 is a great deck...a total PIA to tune with and no were near as flexible as a p9 or 701.....now in regards to them sonicaly..I'll give it to the p9 any day of the week....

the 9255 is a great deck...a total PIA to tune with and no were near as flexible as a p9 or 701.....now in regards to them sonicaly..I'll give it to the p9 any day of the week....
The H701 seems to require quite a setup to fully tune and its really turning me off. It seems to me that must have the seperate control unit to utilize all of the H701 funtions, no matter what HU I decide to use. I'd honestly be better off with a DEX and a DEQ, it will be cheaper than an H701, H701 control unit and an apline HU.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.