anyone wanna chime in ?!

I grew up in Kaslo BC.... I know where you are at man. I would stick with that W7. Definitely DO NOT use multiple different size subs. Just go with the one that has the most SD ( Cone Area ). Just so happens that W7 is a pretty good setup. People here will bash JL and yes they are pricey, but their is a ton of RD&D that goes into developing product that people don't consider when buying. Developing truly great product takes time and money-- both are not cheap. You also get solid service after the sale. There are some smaller boutique brands here that do a good job as well. Ask Jacob at Sundown how much time and money he spends developing a product as well as service after the sale //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif. He has done an incredible job, but I am sure he has busted his *** and it has not been easy. Bigger companies need a better ROI. It's easy to talk alot of **** when you are young and don't have full comprehension of what running a successful business takes. Don't worry about your JL product... run what you already have. If you ever get access to better shop tools you might try building a custom box and then you can compare. A generic one spec fits all type box is generally pretty good for the masses, but not always as good as it could be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really.. Turf the box jl made to spec??? The high output reinforced box that it comes in from jl? What's the reasoning behind this???? As no one in my town builds boxes,.. Like I said. Remote area.

Middle of the road equipment ??
IIRC its tuned quite high and is on the small side for that sub... There are A few builders on here that can build for you... The high end JL is decent stuff but that's about it even then better can be had...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.