Strapping amp help

Participant count
  • Participant list

DankyD Bigbang
10+ year member

I was wondering also if anyone could help me understand strapping amps better?? Have 2 planet audio bb212 dual 4 ohm, I'm wanting to do a planet audio px5000.1d on each sub I know over kill but I like having to much instead of not enough! Thing is those amps say they can be strapped together and run both amps to get total 10,000 watts to the 2 subs is that possible??

No, that amp does like 2000w, its rated at 3600w rms but with a 200a fuse it will do about 2000w. Also that is at 1ohm or if you strap the amps you have to run them at 2 ohms total, there ie now way to wire those subs together at 2 ohms it would be 1 ohm total whist would be to low for the amps strapped, or wire each sub at 2 ohms and put 1 on each amp

I was wondering also if anyone could help me understand strapping amps better?? Have 2 planet audio bb212 dual 4 ohm, I'm wanting to do a planet audio px5000.1d on each sub I know over kill but I like having to much instead of not enough! Thing is those amps say they can be strapped together and run both amps to get total 10,000 watts to the 2 subs is that possible??
youll get like 5800 rms tops and thats with a good electrical if you strap 2 of those

youll get like 5800 rms tops and thats with a good electrical if you strap 2 of those
He wont because he cant strap at 2 ohms or run each amp at 1, you could strap at 4 ohms or wire each amp at 2, would make the same power, like 3000w or so. But being he thinks his amps are 5000w I doubt he has the electrical to back 3000w even

your better off buying a saz 1200d or a dc 2.0k or something cause those amps **** lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.