anyone wanna chime in ?!

Super Start from O'Reilly. Die Hard from Sears. Deka from an East Penn distributer (a bit harder to locate but they will ship to your door).

The big 3 I talked about earlier will show you that you upgrade the ground between the Alt neg/engine block, frame, and chassis. This in effect makes a clean ground in the rear of the truck on the chassis decent enough for what you are going to be running. That thread has pictures and a detailed explanation. You'll need about 10' or so of good OFC (Oxygen Free Copper) 1/0 wire.

hz is short for Hertz, meaning the "note". A 20hz note is nearly inaudible, a 30hz note is fairly low, a 40hz note is right around a drum set kick drum, a 100-500hz note is most talking/singing. 300-1200hz most guitar, 8-16k whistles/cymbals etc. Our ear is most sensitive at 1000hz. Having a ported box "tuned" to 35hz means the port does the most work at 35hz and the subs hardly do any work. As you get away from the port frequency or tuning, the sub begins to see more power and works harder, while the port has less and less output.

from what i see you have 4x6's in the dash and 4" speakers in pillar 2

if i was you i would invest in kick panels to really get a nice sounding system. you will be hard pressed to find a nice set of components for the front without kick panels

SSV Works Jeep Wrangler TJ Front Kick Panels designed for 6 1/2" Speakers : Amazon.com : Automotive

for the 4 inch pillars i would def use

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/phd-audiophile-systems/567739-sale-phd-fb-4-1c.html

amazing deal on the 4 inch speakers direct from dealer. made in italy cant beat it.

Q Logic Speaker Component Kick Panels 93 94 95 Grand Cherokee Jeep 5 25 | eBay

want something like this to put a nice component set in the front

for a sub i would def recomend the fi q subwoofer over the w7

Q12 - Fi Car Audio Store

if you want a really nice setup 2 boston acoustics spg-555's and 2 spg-tr's

only requires 2 cube total with a passive radiator and 2 13 inch subwoofers. what i personally run

Boston Acoustics SPG555 2 1000 Watts 13" Single 2 Ohm Oval SPG Series Subwoofer 690283458607 | eBay

2 of these

and then call boston parts direct to order

SPG-TR | Subwoofers | Boston Acoustics US)

they say out of stock but if you call the parts department they are in stock

20130220_170512_zpsacbb796e.jpg

20130220_170525_zpsc92c2a30.jpg

and this small box gets lo 2 13's tuned at 30hz and only 2 cube //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Q Logic Speaker Component Kick Panels 93 94 95 Grand Cherokee Jeep 5 25 | eBaywant something like this to put a nice component set in the front

for a sub i would def recomend the fi q subwoofer over the w7

Q12 - Fi Car Audio Store

if you want a really nice setup 2 boston acoustics spg-555's and 2 spg-tr's

only requires 2 cube total with a passive radiator and 2 13 inch subwoofers. what i personally run

Boston Acoustics SPG555 2 1000 Watts 13" Single 2 Ohm Oval SPG Series Subwoofer 690283458607 | eBay

2 of these

and then call boston parts direct to order

SPG-TR | Subwoofers | Boston Acoustics US)

they say out of stock but if you call the parts department they are in stock

20130220_170512_zpsacbb796e.jpg

20130220_170525_zpsc92c2a30.jpg

and this small box gets lo 2 13's tuned at 30hz and only 2 cube //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I'll just pretend I didn't see a PR when you obviously had room to port.

I'll just pretend I didn't see a PR when you obviously had room to port.
i have 10g's in aftermarkey performance parts for my car. wanted box as small as possible and as light as possible. the ba's were perfect with the neo magnets and i used birch for wood //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

and whats wrong with pr's i love them

i have 10g's in aftermarkey performance parts for my car. wanted box as small as possible and as light as possible. the ba's were perfect with the neo magnets and i used birch for wood //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
and whats wrong with pr's i love them
You beat me to it. In my other car I did not want to give up much room and wanted as much low end possible-- solution? G510 with a GTR at .5 cu ft.

thats what i am saying lol. i would need more than twice the box. twice the box plus port area
I love a low tuned ported box, but all too often the port takes up more space than the actual internal net. Anyone ever try to tune 28-30 HZ in .5 cubes? Anyone? Anyone? Buelar??? LOLz.

How so? Please explain. I would really like to learn more.
You are putting mechanical resistance in lieu of a port. It will always be less efficient on the same power. I understand you can have ported reproduction without the volume requirements of an actual port, but if there is room for a proper ported box, it always wins in output. In mclerico's case, the weight is just a lie he tells himself. There would be ~2lbs of difference in building a birch box big enough for a proper port. I can see size restraints being an issue, but the fact remains that his PR box will not perform to the same degree as a similarly net volume ported enclosure would.

So a traditional port provides no resistance? When you say that it will not perform to the same degree-- How much of a difference is there? Is it night and day? Some people may like surrendering most of the extra space for a TX sized box, but I gotta think at the end of the day the smaller box and negligible difference in output would be a far greater win ( unless actually competing ).Everybodys priorities may be different, but over time I have come to realize that anyone can achieve bass in a car ( cabin gain / transfer function ). Too many people focus all their energy on such a small frequency range ( If that's all you care about... Cool ). The best systems I have hear have strong midbass and great imaging.

What's wrong with jl stuff?? My whole truck I going to be jl. Any reasoning for skipping the jl stuff besides that most ppl are just to cheap.?
Nothing wrong with it really just over priced middle of the road equipment... Get rid of the HO box though and get a custom one built though

Nothing wrong with it really just over priced middle of the road equipment... Get rid of the HO box though and get a custom one built though
Really.. Turf the box jl made to spec??? The high output reinforced box that it comes in from jl? What's the reasoning behind this???? As no one in my town builds boxes,.. Like I said. Remote area.

Middle of the road equipment ??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.