Anyone play with HIDs much?

i understand wanting better head lights, but why in the world would you want blue rather than white lights? It is not "cool" to me to have blue head lights. I would prefer the beneficial bight white lights over a distracting blue light any day. White lights in my house, in my car, outside my house, etc. Blue lights, purple lights, red lights, etc are just attention drawling and will do nothing but distract other driver which creates an unsafe environment for everyone on the road.
Basically, why would anyone prefer blue HIDs over white HIDs?
Personally I find the blueish tint of 8ks perfect, and I've driven a vehicle with them. I just enjoy the clarity of that tint, my opinion respectively.

i understand wanting better head lights, but why in the world would you want blue rather than white lights? It is not "cool" to me to have blue head lights. I would prefer the beneficial bight white lights over a distracting blue light any day. White lights in my house, in my car, outside my house, etc. Blue lights, purple lights, red lights, etc are just attention drawling and will do nothing but distract other driver which creates an unsafe environment for everyone on the road.
Why do you use aftermRket black tail lights over factory? Cuz you want to... in your avatar....

Basically my point.I was just a little more blunt about it. I guess people think blue/purple lights "look cool". I'd rather have functional lights that dont blind oncoming traffic to the point that they could smash head on into my vehicle. But I guess as long as you look cool doing it, it's ok.

THEY MUST BE INSIDE ALL DAY OR A VAMPIRE FOR THEM TO literally CRASH INTO SOMETHING
Some people are more sensitive to light than others. I was some what exaggerating. But I have been blinded by those "cool looking" lights plenty of times...and its not too "cool". //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Personally I find the blueish tint of 8ks perfect, and I've driven a vehicle with them. I just enjoy the clarity of that tint, my opinion respectively.
Does the blue provide better clarity than the white?

Why do you use aftermRket black tail lights over factory? Cuz you want to... in your avatar....
Eh, actually, i thought that it was "cool" and I have found as i grow older that drawing attention is the last thing that I want to do at this point. Back then, attention and being "cool" were a high priority. I was wondering if the blue in comparison to white HIDs were just because certain people think that blue HIDs are cool. Kinda of like underbody neons are cool to people. I used to think it was cool and that I would enjoy the attention that exterior neon lights created. After growing up, I realize that attention from things like that are never good unless the attention and comments come from an uneducated low life, in which case their opinion does not mean much to me.

Basically my point.I was just a little more blunt about it. I guess people think blue/purple lights "look cool". I'd rather have functional lights that dont blind oncoming traffic to the point that they could smash head on into my vehicle. But I guess as long as you look cool doing it, it's ok.
ok.

please do a retro fit and please DO NOT stick hid bulbs in a halogen headlight housing

nothing worse than driving and being blinded by the cool guy with blue ugly output "HID" lights

my infiniti came stock with 4.3k , i swapped them out for 6k and its a nice mix of blue/white/output

I'm in the state over (MN) so OP you and I get about the same amount of snow, I was thinking about HID's too, how well do you think they'd work in heavy snow? (blue vs lightblue/white)

Im not worried till i get them here....

Ahh i thinl the blue will be less blinding versus the pure white snow reflection.

The blue will show more i woulf think. I cant tell ya yet.

I wont be doing anythinf till i get em in..

I'm not retrofitting. With proper aiming they are fine.
No, they arent. If they arent going in at least decent projector housings, please dont get HIDs at all. That is much more distracting than the super blue or purple lights.

BTW, I have 6000k 55w bulbs for low beams, and 5000k 35w bulbs for fogs. I think this is the perfect color, not pure white, but definitely not blue.

Also, OP, around 4300k is the most light output you will get. The more you go up or down in the scale, the less output you will have.

No, they arent. If they arent going in at least decent projector housings, please dont get HIDs at all. That is much more distracting than the super blue or purple lights.
BTW, I have 6000k 55w bulbs for low beams, and 5000k 35w bulbs for fogs. I think this is the perfect color, not pure white, but definitely not blue.

Also, OP, around 4300k is the most light output you will get. The more you go up or down in the scale, the less output you will have.
I've seen my exact car with hids... They aren't that bad....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.