Anyone play with HIDs much?

For that price you can get a hi/low kit, extra wiring harness, slim ballasts, and error code eliminators from DDM and save $10.
whats the use for slim ballasts, and the error code eliminators?

and that guy also lost out on the lifetime wwarranty id bet.

whats the use for slim ballasts, and the error code eliminators? and that guy also lost out on the lifetime wwarranty id bet.
Slim ballasts are alot thinner than the others so you can hide them and fit them in more places. The error code eliminators are basically a nicely packaged resistor. Some cars have a TIPM that checks voltage through the lighting in the car. If its outside of a certain tolerance the car will flash the lights off and on to reset them and recheck voltage. If its wrong 5 times it will turn them off and they wont come back on until you go to the dealer to have them reset them. The error code eliminators are to prevent that code from reaching the TIPM to cause the lights to be cycled off and on.

As white dragon said about the slim ballasts, easier to hide in some cars with not a lot of room to work with. I got slims for my 06 accord just because I like the looks of them and why not just pay the extra 10 bucks to get the higher end ones if ordering from ddm. Seemed worth it in my opinion.

As white dragon said about the slim ballasts, easier to hide in some cars with not a lot of room to work with. I got slims for my 06 accord just because I like the looks of them and why not just pay the extra 10 bucks to get the higher end ones if ordering from ddm. Seemed worth it in my opinion.
yeah ill end up ordering both them... hell my sylvania silverstars are white. and nice. but they just dont reach out far enough...

so thats why im going HID. time to get it right...

and for that extra few bucks, no worries.

Shipping from ddm has taken a while, ordered about 9 days ago, they are supposed to be here the 27th or 28th. Cheaper than most sites and I've heard great things about the company so it seems worth it. I'll get them in when they come and definitely let you know how it comes out. I'll take some pics unboxing too so you know what to expect //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

thanks mayneee.

what K did you get? i heard your supposed to go 1 level up to get what you orriginally want? i want blue, but not too deep/rich.

i was thinking 8k, but i heard their almost solid white...

im going to be running 3k fogs with blue low beams.. and i want the combo to workout.

I got 8k and will be running them in my stock housings, not really advisable but I'll be adjusting them properly so it won't be too too bad. Most people who throw ether in stock housings don't take the time adjust them, so they blind everyone. Lol

You faggots with the bright ass lights suck! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
no trolling in the tech section. Keep it to the dome

Well ill be running 8k in stock headlights. But they wont be too strong... Im low as heck and will aim them low.

My lights are two seperates and i dont want to deal with two hid sets.

Im not goint to argue. theyre are many new cars that come factory with these lights

Thats unfortunate you dont like them. Why dont you banter someone else?

Oh, you are correct sir!
I'd get some regular lights because you faggots with the bright ass lights suck.

hows that?
First of all, using the word "******" in the manner you did it in, is extremely offensive to some and you really should use a different word when trying to get attention to your posts in a public thread. Second, were talking about hids and installing them and what colors to get, what does you coming in and calling us "******* with bright lights" have anything to do with the topic. Get a life, you tool.

i understand wanting better head lights, but why in the world would you want blue rather than white lights? It is not "cool" to me to have blue head lights. I would prefer the beneficial bight white lights over a distracting blue light any day. White lights in my house, in my car, outside my house, etc. Blue lights, purple lights, red lights, etc are just attention drawling and will do nothing but distract other driver which creates an unsafe environment for everyone on the road.

Basically, why would anyone prefer blue HIDs over white HIDs?

This... ^^^ gtfo™

Let me know man. I might order sooner. I needa replacement sooonnn.lol

I want the white with tintes blue.

regardless theyll be nicer on the eyes...and i need the better light at night.its preference.

First of all, using the word "******" in the manner you did it in, is extremely offensive to some and you really should use a different word when trying to get attention to your posts in a public thread. Second, were talking about hids and installing them and what colors to get, what does you coming in and calling us "******* with bright lights" have anything to do with the topic. Get a life, you tool.
I was just suggesting NOT to get HIDs. I gave my opinion on the subject at hand.Calm down... If you're offended by people on the internet, then you have some deeper issues you should look into.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.