anyone know how to tint?

Llumar and Solar Gard are the best tint film.
You have to have a heat gun, a spray bottle, and a squeegee. You clean the outside of the window and lay the tint over it. Cut around the outer most part edge of the window, but inside the door metal. Then you spray the inside of the window with your squirt bottle, lay the tint on, squeegee the water out and heat shrink it to the window. You cant roll the windows down for 4-7 days depending on how warm it is. If its about 55+ you can get away with 4 days.
every place ive had do mine do it from the inside, they use an adheasive glue to make sure it stays on the window and yes its HARD to get off or even peal it (i got tickets and had to remove it from my front windows) places dont tint the outside for many reasons....harsh weather conditions that can damage the tint...mud, road salt, acid rain, and from people who can just walk up to ur car and scratch the hell outta the tint cuz its on the outside of the window....the film is only measured and cut from the outside
EDIT: oh and goodluck going thru a carwash with tint on the outside lol
I think there is some confusion on this.
Dragon is correct on how they trim and form the section using the outside of the window to do so. However, it is applied on to the inside of the window after it is fitted to the glass.
Please show me where I said you applied tint to the outside of the vehicle? I specifically said you spray the inside of the window and apply the tint. I said you use the outside to cut it properly.

i can only speak on my experience with tint. Don't cheap out on brand, Llumar is leaps and bounds better than most of the tint on the market. I went cheap and got the mid grade 3M tint as part of a pre-cut kit on eBay, needless to say it's now completely clear after 2 years. I had Llumar on my car before and it lasted for 8 years, i just wanted it darker so I removed it and got the 3M kit from eBay for $80 shipped (big waste). if you can get a pre-cut kit from ebay using Llumar, go for it. trimming your tint is not that difficult if you can't find a pre-cut kit or if you just decide to use a roll. key to trimming correctly is a good Olfa style blade. shrinking tint takes patience especially if you have never done it. 2 keys to shrinking tint, lots of patience and a good heat gun. next is the application of the tint, this is probably the easiest part as just use a lot of solution to help position the tint. they got a guy (looks like he's 12) that has a youtube channel (tintstuff) and does a phenomenal job tinting, makes it looks like a chic can do it. after watching tons of his stuff I have since tinted a few cars (all my own) as well as added some additional tools.

I figured that part was over looked so I thought I wold help you out a tad lol.

I couldn't imagine having tint on the outside part of the window...would be tore up in a week lol

I figured that part was over looked so I thought I wold help you out a tad lol.
I couldn't imagine having tint on the outside part of the window...would be tore up in a week lol
I actually had tint on the back window on my Fiat years ago due to neon lighting being already glued to the inside of the glass. The tint lasts about a year then starts delaminating....but it can be done!

I actually had tint on the back window on my Fiat years ago due to neon lighting being already glued to the inside of the glass. The tint lasts about a year then starts delaminating....but it can be done!
lol, leave to you to make it happen.

I would think a rear window would hold up much longer then a side window though.

there are guides all over the internet, but i tried before and it is REALLY HARD. hardest part IMO is when you roll the window back up and have to get it inside the rubber gasket at the top of the window without having the gasket lifting up the edge of your film off the glass.

every time ive had my cars tinted ive asked them to pull the door panels off and run the tint an inch below the gasket/scraper thing. never had any place refuse and i always gave them some extra cash for the work. bonus with doing it that way is i never had to wait a week for my windows. just had to wait a day. oh and the ONLY tint that might ever possibly be put on the outside is the sunroof. all others go on the inside after being measured on the OUTSIDE. :)

Matt

every time ive had my cars tinted ive asked them to pull the door panels off and run the tint an inch below the gasket/scraper thing. never had any place refuse and i always gave them some extra cash for the work. bonus with doing it that way is i never had to wait a week for my windows. just had to wait a day. oh and the ONLY tint that might ever possibly be put on the outside is the sunroof. all others go on the inside after being measured on the OUTSIDE. :)
Matt
I'm assuming it would be a hell of alot easier to do with the panels off? I may try when I deaden my doors

idk if its harder or not. i just kno it takes about an hour longer to have them do it. but ive been goign to the same place for 10 years. they will tint my entire windsheild and then do the legal "strip"

Matt

ive done mine before never will again i bought it pre cut and did it its a pain in the *** better off to just pay 100$ and get it done lol

Buy tint in a large amount and practice on your friends car. That's what I did and if you have laid vinyl on a car before its simallar to tint soap and water then Squeegee the water out. My first time was rough. I also find it easier and longer lasting if I remove the door panel and get below the trim

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.