Anyone here use JL XR 650-CSi comps?

what price are those new? cuz im looking at some JL components as well and would like to know how they are and what price they are.

bro, ive looked em up at the JL website but i dont know of any online stores that sell stuff for the same price that they are in stores. i cant buy stuff online, so i wanted to know what the store price was for them. so yes, ive searhced..

what price are those new? cuz im looking at some JL components as well and would like to know how they are and what price they are.
I don't know what they sell for in stores. I bought mine off the internet for around $225. You probably won't be able to get them for that in a store, however you should find a shop that has them hooked up so you can listen to them. They're really nice sounding speakers.

I have been running those XR's for about 8 or 9 months now so I should be able to tell you a little bit about them. I listen to alot of trance and other forms of electronica and they sound so good for the kind of music I listen to. Two weeks ago I made a trip to Georgia which is a 12 hour drive from where I live. The XR's took a huge beating for hours straight and Im very happy with how hard I am able to push them. There was about 3 or 4 hours straight where I had the volume cranked to the edge of being painful to the ears and they still pumped out warm, effortless midbass the whole time. The tweeters scream when the volume is cranked. The highs can be very detailed. I see lots of complaints about metal tweeters and their harshness. The XR's never sound shrill or hollow and I have never been able to push them to the point where they lose detail or begin to break up. Its all being pushed by 104rms from a JBL amp.

Other comp sets I have had the chance to play with:

Polk MOMO's, Alpine TypeX, Pioneer PRS720, BostonPro60's, and RainbowSLC265.

Of all these comp sets, the only one that I think sounds equal or better than the XR's is the PRS720 set. The MOMO's and the TypeX dont hold a candle to the XR's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.