Anyone have experience with Type Rs in a sealed enclosure?

It seems pretty unanimous. Thanks a lot guys, not going to waste my money on a sealed then, I'll just stick with my current ported one.

1200rms on a type r!!!!! i had no ideal they could take that. i bet that thing gets stupid loud on that much power.
Yea the newer Type Rs love power. Read on here that people run 1500rms on each safely.

Right now I have it in a sealed enclosure with about 350 watts running to it, I know it's low for a Type R but that's all I needed at the time. Right now it's in a 1.72cu ported enclosure tuned to ~31hz.
I just got an amp that would give the sub 800 watts(MRP-M850). According to Alpine's spec sheet, for a sealed setup .7-1cu is optimal. They recommend a 13x13x12.5 box which would be .85cu. Any idea how this would sound, anyone have a sealed setup with a type r?

I'm guessing the SQ will be better with sealed and response will be better compared to my old box. I just want to make sure before I go out and buy a box.

Thanks
So the first line is a typo I assume?

I've owned two 10" R's they were in ported boxes, and I've heard some in a sealed box. The sealed box was about .1c.ft bigger than my boxes but mine sounded why better ported

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.