anyone good with Ford's?

Lol I'll race til I physically can't anymore.

IMAG0702-1.jpg

[quote name='skylineTT']
@husker77 a 4v 5.4 in a new edge body will be wall to wall. The valve covers will literally touch the walls of the bay, if they will even fit at all. I'm helping a friend with a twin 62mm 5.4 MMR built lightning swap and it is millimeters from the walls on each side. 1100hp to the wheels ftw though.[/QUOTE]

I understand that, I've seen a couple in mags, never in person. I wish the v10 had a better crank design or someone would come up with an affordable aftermarket one. I have seen a couple of those swapped into stangs also, but the crank is weak, I think 800hp is about the limit on them.

Of course people don't realize how fast a true 400hp street car is.

I didnt read through all four pages but its a useless swap...03 crown vic..we all crown vic motor is a 4.6 2v and makes no more than 230hp. Your v6 can make that with mods. if you are going to do a v8 swap then get the v8 thats supposed to be in there...the 4.6 3v. Unless the car is under 3k bucks and in awesome shape its still not worth it. You will need engine, harness,guage cluster,ecu,fuel system, rear end, complete front accersory drive and not to mention the a/c system if you want it...drive shaft and transmission. Also a 32v 5.4 will fit with no problem with proper mounts and k member...been done MANY times.

So one of my buddies has a blown 04 mustang with a auto v6 in it that he said he'd sell me cheap. I was thinking about taking the engine out of my gmas 03 crown Vic. 4.6l v8. It's supposedly the same engine as the mustang gt with lower gears...... If I did would the motor mounts and transmission mounts match without any modifications? Or would they be off since the v6 is smaller?
I've seen these swaps done under 500 dollars ... Your local salvage/Junkyard has basically everything you'll need .. And you could even think about supercharging the motor already in there also very cheap if its the 3.8 you can get a gtp or regal bonivele ..etc 3.8 supercharger used very cheap they go bad quite often so market is pretty big.. And they sell the kit online with everything else ull need and there cheap also ..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.