anyone good with Ford's?

It is going to be a lot of work for the performance of a new taurus. :p
honestly though, after you put the crown vic engine/trans/computer/harness/etc. in, you'll simply need a full v8 mustang exhaust, intake/air box, and possibly driveshaft if the crown vic trans is a diff. length. You're going to have more torque/power and an open differential too so have fun with the one wheel wonder.
You can get driveshafts lengthened and shortened....

So one of my buddies has a blown 04 mustang with a auto v6 in it that he said he'd sell me cheap. I was thinking about taking the engine out of my gmas 03 crown Vic. 4.6l v8. It's supposedly the same engine as the mustang gt with lower gears...... If I did would the motor mounts and transmission mounts match without any modifications? Or would they be off since the v6 is smaller?
Not worth the effort...Buy a Honda

You can get driveshafts lengthened and shortened....
Lol duh. I meant it is something you'll have to deal with. It'll cost you roughly 110-170 depending on if they put new joints on it.

Not worth the time, the car will still be slow.
This times 10. I guess if you can get it done for 500 then cool, but it depends on what you're paying for the car. After it is all said and done, you're going to have a slow car with an open diff.

Idk what my 0-60 time is. probably about 4.xx seconds, engine makes over 500 horse and 600ft lb. Built the whole drivetrain for less than 2g. How make so much power with 2g? Started with a 390hp/510 ft lb of torque stock big block and did a couple mods.

Get a 4v out of a navigator if you want to stick with a modular engine.
fixed 5.4 4v.

We are in the process of swapping a 4.6 2v from a crown vic into my son's mazda pickup. Don't buy a honda unless you just want to think your fast.

fixed 5.4 4v.
We are in the process of swapping a 4.6 2v from a crown vic into my son's mazda pickup. Don't buy a honda unless you just want think your fast.
Key word .... "THINK"!!!

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

just keep the vic
IT'S a boat! They're huge!

Idk what my 0-60 time is. probably about 4.xx seconds, engine makes over 500 horse and 600ft lb. Built the whole drivetrain for less than 2g. How make so much power with 2g? Started with a 390hp/510 ft lb of torque stock big block and did a couple mods.
Yeah but this is jus a daily driver ..... Got a quick car for playing with on the weekends ....

Key word .... "THINK"!!! 

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

meh. I like to have a lot of room and all that trunk space!

There's some guys hopping them up, all the mustang engine/tranny parts should fit. Twin turbo set up would be cool, no one would ever suspect. The rear suspension looks awful similar to the mustang so I'm sure it could made to hook up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.