Tundra monster

Participant count
  • Participant list

militarymisfit
10+ year member

Guam
Yo all. Just though I'd post a couple photos of the last vehicle some friends and I built. It started out as a toyota tundra or tacoma. My buddy just had to roll it off a 100' cliff though while he was stationed out he in Guam.

66371_480028874433_2620051_n_zpsa6ad8d5a.jpg

Not too bad huh? It only rolled 7 times!

73278_484039384433_2459175_n_zps1c6553ff.jpg

So this is what we turned it into.

551657_10151192397809434_1080529974_n_zpse95a18ae.jpg

the whole body is sheet metal. The front fenders were a huge pain in the butt. The rear fenders and rollbars are 2.5" DOM heavy wall tubing. Hard to belive that thing is street legal. The only thing we used from the tundra was the frame (which is still a little bent), the front portion of the cab (for the firewall and dash) and all the mechanical items(engine, trans, diffs, ext.)

Not sure. We built it off the insurance money he got for it so we were on a budget. I did all the welding on it and when Kevin wasn't looking I added a couple hoops so he could. I wasn't putting any money toward it, just working on it.

Can you believe he was fully covered on it? it took 6 jeeps to pull it out of the valley it fell into and onto the street. Got got the full 14k for it since it was totalled (shady stuff happened and I don't recommend anyone else doing the same). Then took 5k of the money and bought it back from the ins company. I think a good chunk of that 5k went into the pocket of the local agent, because if the frame is bent as much as it was there's NO way they would sell it for 5k. The most they could get for a bent vehicle with a bent frame should be the same they would get for scrap.

We straightened the frame as best we could though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.