Anyone found quick release box mounting hardware?

JoshC
10+ year member

The Taco MASTA
Houston, tx
Just as the title says, i have a single cab truck so my boxes are always the same length and height just make the depth different. Im looking for some kind of quick release latching system so i can swap boxes out with having to drill new holes into my truck floor/wall. Right now im using two small L brackets but its hard to remove the screws from the box side and get them in and out into the same spot. Plus there starting to get bent to hell and a bit sloppy.

I'd also be interested in this maybe. Right now I just have my seats up against the top of the box and its never moved one bit

Here is my poor attempt at explaining my idea...

Attach a bracket to each side of your box(es) and use a heavy duty clamp, like a canister clamp but stronger. Have those attached to the vehicle??

Its best to lay a thin /small piece of metal for a back plate for more stability and to keep holes from wallering out from vibration,and cheap to do..1/8" or ? similar/small square of some kind of metal/aluminum works fine..Think I used a 2"x2" piece of flat steel you can get from home depot and painted it black keep from rusting

those locks stayed in place without moving/banging around making noise...fit really tight..you can use a reg. master lock or locks, but to keep from rattling you can get some extreme velcro and put on the back side towards the bottom with the spiked version on the locks and the fuzzy side on the box, and it stays secure better without moving and rattling

Since there's no demand for such thing, something creative will have to come to one's mind....and I have done that. I came up with an idea that will not harm the vehicle, no holes drilled and mess-free.

Using the existing vehicles holes is very ideal to begin with if something is removed such as tie-down straps or the vehicle jack.

I'm currently using 2 long bolts to hold down my sub enclosure in my Tahoe....I removed the 2 tie-downs and since the vehicle uses welded nuts over the hole locations underneath the vehicle, I took advantage of that. Works great....and no leaks.

I was thinking something a bit close to door hinges with a pull pin, if you have to compress the box to get the pin in it should be pretty snug. Just havent found the actual item yet....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.