Anyone ever heard of Hi-Fonics?

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 9
  • Views 980
U

Unregistered

I'm new to the scene and am looking at amps for my int. speakers (Polk) . I have a friend who works at an electronics store in San Diego and can get me stuff at about cost. They have a Hifonics amp that's perfect for my budget but I don't know if they're any good. In my day it was either Alpine or rock/fosgate. Things are a lot different these days. Should I stay away, or will it be a good investment? I don't carry a fire extinguisher in my Volvo.

I miss Eazy-E.

I used HiFonics amps about 7 years ago (my first amps). The sound was decent but I went through 2 amps in about as many months. I decided to return them rather than repair them (both had developed internal power problems). I have not dealt with HiFonics since, but like Mykeys said, they have cheap to expensive equipment. I had the cheap, so maybe they do offer a better product.

I was actually shown the HIFonics amps at a recent car audio store I went to. Pretty decent amp. I didnt see any low end since the prices I saw were pretty steep, unless that is the low end. From what I hear it was one of their competition-like amps.

The two amps that I used cost me $100 (100 X 2) retail and $150 (50 X 4) retail. This was 7 years ago. I have also noticed that their prices are steep now. I had posted a question a few months ago asking if their quality had improved as well, but no one responded.

They have been around for aslong as car audio became big in the 80's they had the biggets amp for along time also it was the colossus(well over 1000w rms back in the 80's amp)crazy.We have a dealer where i live but i'm not interested in hifonics but that doesn't meen they are not good.When i read the specs on the amps the S/N ratio was 90 witch is low a faster responding amp is like 100-105 S/N.I cant remember what the THD was but it wasn't 2 hot i think.

hifonics makes good stuff little rich in bass and such ..they made cheap stuff too but the "high end" stuff i think is too pricey for what you get. i have not seen a sq car or a spl vehicle in a long time win with them. when hifonics was biggest they got shut out by companies like rockford and ppi. they did have the biggest amps but then again not too many people knew how to use them lol at least back then when 145db was as loud as it got . why spend the $ when you can get audiobahn for less?

I Sold their stuff in the past and it rocks!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

They can not all be ppi!!

I ahvea Hifonics Zues z400 pusching 2 8" RF subs, and they sound like 10's they blow my buddies 10's out fo the water.

the amp rocks, clean sounds, not too badly proced either.

all in all, i would stick with them for another amp...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.