Anyone ever had this problem?

Participant count
  • Participant list
no. you can disconnect the sensor and the car will still start and work fine. The only thing that wont work is your temperature gauge inside of the car. All that sensor does is tell you how hot the engine is.
you're thinking of the temperature SENDER...the temp sensor is a totally different thing

there is such thing as an intake air temperature sensor. that could be a reason
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

what are you talking about?

Im talking about the COOLANT temp sensor...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gifwhat are you talking about?

Im talking about the COOLANT temp sensor...
does the same thing. If you unplug it the car will go into failsafe mode and operate regularly. but if that sensor is bad check engine would be on. and btw it is the same exact thing i was talking about in the beginning. it just provides temps to the car and pcm.

does the same thing. If you unplug it the car will go into failsafe mode and operate regularly. but if that sensor is bad check engine would be on. and btw it is the same exact thing i was talking about in the beginning. it just provides temps to the car and pcm.
um...if your temp sensor is unplugged, or not working correctly, you car will NOT run correctly.

OP, unhook your battery for a lil bit...then start her up and see if the CEL comes on.

um...if your temp sensor is unplugged, or not working correctly, you car will NOT run correctly.
OP, unhook your battery for a lil bit...then start her up and see if the CEL comes on.
The PCM detects that, and it will go into failsafe mode. It will run. All that sensor does is tell the PCM how hot/cold the engine is so the PCM can make up for it (such as idle when you first start the car, air intake and fuel delivery) It does not matter anyways, the MIL is not on, so that sensor is definitely not the problem. Take it to a garage.

The fuel pump will not shut down when the car is "Hot" it is powered electrically and has no relation to how hot the engine is.You can check by putting your ear near the gas tank and cycling the key forward. Listen for the whine of the pump. If you dont hear it, the fuel pump is not working. Hit the gas tank with a plastic mallet to see if it will intermittantly kick on.

What it might sound like is you need to take it to a mechanic. there are a million possibilities why it is doing this. It is also very hard to diagnose a problem like that over the internet.

no ish...i wasnt saying the car engine being hot....anything run with electrical is going to produce heat.

Occasionally, a fuel pump will warn you that it needs to be replaced. It will overheat and stop working for 20 minutes or so. If you let the car sit for a half hour (more or less), it will start again, as the fuel pump cools off and begins working again

no ish...i wasnt saying the car engine being hot....anything run with electrical is going to produce heat.Occasionally, a fuel pump will warn you that it needs to be replaced. It will overheat and stop working for 20 minutes or so. If you let the car sit for a half hour (more or less), it will start again, as the fuel pump cools off and begins working again
ive never had a fuel pump stop and work again, usually they just go and never work again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.