anyone disable the afm on their chevy??

you will need HPTUNERS. I have this done on my 05 GXP. Helps save on the burning oil also. You could prolly contact zzp, will at overkill motorsports. PRolly around a 100 to have it tuned and core charge.

you will need HPTUNERS. I have this done on my 05 GXP. Helps save on the burning oil also. You could prolly contact zzp, will at overkill motorsports. PRolly around a 100 to have it tuned and core charge.
I was trying.to find out.if someone local with a tuner could jist disable.it thru my obd2 port instead of.payin for. a whole tune ..esp if i wana ever go back to factory

Also how much gas mileage diffrence is.there really?

some ppl say they notice, i lost maybe a 1mpg if i do the actually math, it all comes down to how you drive. And only way to get rid of it with out check engine light is to have it tuned. im sorry man.

some ppl say they notice, i lost maybe a 1mpg if i do the actually math, it all comes down to how you drive. And only way to get rid of it with out check engine light is to have it tuned. im sorry man.
Do u gota send out for a tune? or do any local speed shops do ?? i seen people turn them off with handheld programmers turning it off

What are the ways of it being done with the ck engine light on...if.thats alot cheaper that light doesnt bother me that much

Ive heard as long as.the cel is on it wont kick on ..and someone unplugged secondary oil sensor up by intake which wouldnt let afm work ..idk. lol sounds sketchy
i agree, sounds like a bad way to "trick" the computer into not engaging the afm, almost like bypassing the vtec switch on a honda which will lead to issues.. If you chip/tune it im sure you will not regret it esp if you end up selling it in the future to a private buyer instead of a dealer. and if it is a dealer i couldn't imagine it would deminish the value any. I have a friend with an impala that is a little older then yours and he had it chipped with an onboard programmer that allowed him to change the tuning on the spot from say, conservative for mpg to "hold da F on!" i'll ask him if it did anything to the afm or not.

i agree, sounds like a bad way to "trick" the computer into not engaging the afm, almost like bypassing the vtec switch on a honda which will lead to issues.. If you chip/tune it im sure you will not regret it esp if you end up selling it in the future to a private buyer instead of a dealer. and if it is a dealer i couldn't imagine it would deminish the value any. I have a friend with an impala that is a little older then yours and he had it chipped with an onboard programmer that allowed him to change the tuning on the spot from say, conservative for mpg to "hold da F on!" i'll ask him if it did anything to the afm or not.
yea they didnt have afm on the older ones...i dont wana do this for performance or speed i only want my voltage to stay up thats it ..when afm is engaged belt slows down and voltage drops to 13.1

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.