Anybody heard the new PPI P.65C3 3 way set yet?

Couple guys over on diyma have them and so far all positive responses. They LOVE the tweets. That seems to be the big point on this set where the old set the mid was the star.

I personally would go with the older set based on the reviews I've seen so far as I would enjoy a better mid range than a better tweeter.

I believe the old set was rated at 150@3ohms. Im pretty sure the new ones are the same

Yeah i saw Big T's review over there. He praised the mids as being better the old ones also "Cleaner & smoother". Im curious what others think an how they stack up against some other drivers out there.

I asked about these about a month ago. I am planning on upgrading from 2-way to a 3-way component set and I was trying to decide between PHD, Morel, Hertz, DLS, and a few others, but while I was looking on the 'bay, I kept consistently seeing this PPI set with the yellow woofer/mid and the "home audio" AMT pleated diaphragm tweet.

The price on this set is actually better than some of the other brands I was looking at, but I have no experience with PPI, so I was looking for some input. Good to hear that folks like it. I'm curious enough about the tweeter that I may get it just to hear that!

I asked about these about a month ago. I am planning on upgrading from 2-way to a 3-way component set and I was trying to decide between PHD, Morel, Hertz, DLS, and a few others, but while I was looking on the 'bay, I kept consistently seeing this PPI set with the yellow woofer/mid and the "home audio" AMT pleated diaphragm tweet.
The price on this set is actually better than some of the other brands I was looking at, but I have no experience with PPI, so I was looking for some input. Good to hear that folks like it. I'm curious enough about the tweeter that I may get it just to hear that!
PPI is owned by Power Acustic if that matters to you. They are more than likely rebadged Sound Stream like most other PPI stuff.

I have been running these for about 3 months now. Pushing them with a Zed leviathan. Crossed over at 100hz. I think they sound great and so does everyone that listens to them.
nice to hear some feedback on these.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.