Any new or game changing equipment this year!

Participant count
  • Participant list

DCsoundFounder

Hello, I want to introduce my self. Its been a long time since I have done the forums.

Any way my question is , what's new and amazing in car audio this year? I know about the Bluetooth direct amplifiers and the NANO amps. I have seen the Moto 600 from arc that's the smallest most powerful amp I have seen in a while.

What have you heard of or been told is the newest thing coming to CES or to the market to sell?

CarPlay support is a pretty big deal this year, and it will only continue to spread as more aftermarket head units support it. Google's answer to that remains to be seen, so maybe that will appear at CES. Bluetooth in amplifiers is neat, but I think I need to try that myself before I get on that hype train. Lately I've been using nothing but Bluetooth in my own vehicle, so it's not the technology that I doubt, it's the execution. I can't get excited about hugely powerful amplifiers. Our business doesn't rely on that kind of product at all and I don't see that changing. After a recent Facebook group discussion that went over low current high voltage amplifiers, I'd be a lot more excited about that becoming more prevalent.

Not so much new, but the latest Sundown frame/suspension/cones/motors are pushing the boundaries of high excursion woofers. Not like many people really need it, but it's a break from the common style off-the-shelf 12 spoke and Ti style designs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.