any metal heads?

My IDMAX handles just about all types of music quite well. Just make sure you port it and tune it low, most subs do decent that way. In Flames sounds amazing with my setup //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

well i guess im fairly close to bass lover's "tastes," chimaira, killswitch, zao, dillenger, and i dont have a problem spending 500-600 on the subs alone (each that is plan on 2) i just want it right the first time..either way you guys have been very helpful except for the models, most of these subs ive never heard of before so could ya do me a favor and spell em out, i did find the adire sub page with the xbl, but im not sure what this RE is your talking about and a few others...thanks again for the info.

edit: forgot dream theater, cant leave them out for drums

Not trying to start anything with ya...but how can you reccomend something you've never heard? Or maybe you are one of the few who have heard the kv2/ov2's...if so, then I appoligize, but if not...thats a rather bold statement from something that VERY few have seen in person....let alone used.
i don't recommend things i haven't heard before //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I also have a 12" SI Magnum D2, 1.4 ft^3 net sealed. I used to run 3 10" Orion Xtr's, but i like the Mag better.

BTW, new Lamb of God, "Ashes of the Wake" out next Tuesday! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif

I also have a 12" SI Magnum D2, 1.4 ft^3 net sealed. I used to run 3 10" Orion Xtr's, but i like the Mag better.
BTW, new Lamb of God, "Ashes of the Wake" out next Tuesday! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif

I love their video for "Ruin." Funny stuff.

well i guess im fairly close to bass lover's "tastes," chimaira, killswitch, zao, dillenger, and i dont have a problem spending 500-600 on the subs alone (each that is plan on 2) i just want it right the first time..either way you guys have been very helpful except for the models, most of these subs ive never heard of before so could ya do me a favor and spell em out, i did find the adire sub page with the xbl, but im not sure what this RE is your talking about and a few others...thanks again for the info.

edit: forgot dream theater, cant leave them out for drums
I've got an IDMax sealed and it handles Dream Theater drums with no problem. As well as some crazy Pantera and Slipknot drumming.

i listened to the 10w7 in the store (i know not the best place to test subs) but i popped my test cd in and it actually sounded worse then the eclipse 8 series i heard. i have a friend with the 12w7...popped my cd in there and it just didnt sound clean, was noisy when the **** really got going. i think the best ive heard so far for cleanliness was the 12w6, seemed to keep up with the drums better. so after reading on about 10 different msg boards it seems to me that the brahma's name comes up the most as the cleanest, anyone actually have it that listens to metal that could maybe vouch for it, buying a sub without being able to hear it first is driving me nuts.

alright went ahead and bought two brahma 12's, of course now i gotta wait for em a little longer cause theyre on back order. anyone got a 12 hooked up, and if so what kind of amp you running on it. it blows my mind that these are 1600 rms or some **** like that, i'm wondering if anyone has maybe 1000 going into them and how they sound.

hey hey im into death, gore black metal and yes bass is hard to come by (((unless you turn up you lp filter to about 70 to 90hz ..ive got to type r's in an obcon center slot port and i get all the kick drum and some toms i guess i need some mid bass drivers (8's)? for that

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.