Any Larger components/mids for 6.25" holes

Roland
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Atlanta
I bought some Rockford F 2652.s 6.75 OD but their hole pattern is 6.25" and my door holes are 6.25" so it won't screw into the metal.

Before I order 2 MDF rings to make the RF's work want to know if there are other better options.

I found one

7" Dayton Audio RS180-4 that would fit.

6 7/8"OD Crescendo Audio PWX 6.5"---that should work (the holes look much closer to the edge)

SQ is important.

Any other (good SQ) speakers that have a wider hole pattern than 6.25"?

Thanks for the suggestions. 6.7" is still to small. The RF are 6.75", and there to small, maybe if their bolt pattern was further to the edge... 6 7/8" = 6.875" so the Audio PWX 6.5" will work.

The MDF ring seem more solid than the ABS, and my skills with jig saw is not the greatest so these seem like good choice.

MDF Speaker Ring 6 75 6 3 4 inch in 1 2 Fiberglass Spacer Oversized 6 5 Ring | eBay

It seems the RF T-2652-s are more for loudness than SQ. The more I read the more I really want to get this right for SQ. So i think the RF's will go on Ebay regardless.

Just to keep it simple and not have to figure out what tweeters would go with the 7" Dayton RS180-4 or the 6 7/8" Crescendo Audio PWX 6.5 ,

Something like the JBL MS-62C with the MDF ring may be the my best options.

Those oversized speaker rings you linked might be too big for MS-62Cs. The screws might come so close to the inner diameter of the ring that it will break. Another option is to get PVC adapters from car-speaker-adapters.com. If the site doesn't list your vehicle you can e-mail them for a request. I would try out those Rockford speakers before ditching them. You're the best one to judge whether they suit your tastes, not random people on the Internet.

Check out HAT speakers, they make some nice stuff! They say this speaker is 7.1''
Legatia L6 Speaker Set - 12v Electronics
Wow, $500 just for mids! That what i originally expected to pay for my entire up-grage LOL (speakers and a small amp). Boy was i kidding myself. Thank for the lead but $200-ish for mids & tweeters is where my budget is now.

Those oversized speaker rings you linked might be too big for MS-62Cs. The screws might come so close to the inner diameter of the ring that it will break. Another option is to get PVC adapters from car-speaker-adapters.com. If the site doesn't list your vehicle you can e-mail them for a request. I would try out those Rockford speakers before ditching them. You're the best one to judge whether they suit your tastes, not random people on the Internet.
Glad you said something about the Inside dimension. That ring's ID is said to be 5 9/16"=5.625". The MS-62Cs specs says 5.82" cutout so the ring ID would be to small if i read that right. I'll have to call an varifiy first MS-62C | High fidelity 6-1/2" (160mm) midrange and tweeter component separates with audiophile caliber passive filter network | JBL US

Maybe i should give them a try sense i already have them. I orginaly started out not intending on getting a sub that why i went with the RF's, Now a have a sub...

It seems the only reviews on the RF T-2s say is that they are Clear and loud. Not to much info on any forums about them, I don't play music that loud, i want details and note separation and imagining, it will be a active front stage. I hate the idea of all the work to glass in the tweeters into the A pillars and find out they are lacking in music details. Decisions decisions.

Glad you said something about the Inside dimension. That ring's ID is said to be 5 9/16"=5.625". The MS-62Cs specs says 5.82" cutout so the ring ID would be to small if i read that right. I'll have to call an varifiy first MS-62C | High fidelity 6-1/2" (160mm) midrange and tweeter component separates with audiophile caliber passive filter network | JBL US
Wow, that cutout diameter is pretty far off what I found. I think I looked on SonicElectronix.com. Those are pretty beefy mids in the MS-62C set.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.